Sunday 1 April 2007

Sunday update



Oooh I'm as sick as a dog today. Ate something last night that was advertised as gluten free and it obviously wasn't! I was not a pretty sight for the rest of the night - or this morning actually!

In stitching news, as soon as I finished Silent Night, I started work on mum's Mother's Day present. I needed to get away from 32 ct black for a couple of days.

I thought I'd get more progress done last night and some this morning - but I've been out of commission since 7:30pm last night. Still feeling decidedly unwell and I have to go to work from 12:30 until 4pm this afternoon, then catch a train to Sydney as Paul and I are seeing Dylan Moran Live tonight. Was planning on scoffing some junk food on the way .... but I think it'll be dry GF biscuits and water for me for today.

Oh as for today's picture .... where else is Trubby going to sleep while I'm washing the bedspread ...... on the clean sheets of course! Took this photo yesterday morning.



13 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

Hmmm...can't see the pictures right now, but I am sure they are going to look great and that your Mum will love them. Hope you feel better soon!

Kate Morris said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Have a great time seeing Dylan Moran - we've seen him live twice and he is excellent..

Gina Martin said...

I hope you are on the road to recovery and that you have a great time out.

Laura Landis said...

poor Mel!! I hope you feel better and that you had a great time out. Love Trubby on the clean sheets. No pets in my house because of all the varying allergies/asthma so I have to live vicariously through all of you with fur babies.

Hilary Syddall said...

Sorry to hear about the Coeliac flare up - I hope it doesn't stop your enjoyment of the show!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well track work on the rail lines meant that we got there and got the tickets at 7:00pm with doors opening at 7:30pm and Dylan coming out at 8:00pm. We scurried around and ended up with junk food after all.

No bad reactions although I was pretty careful !!! Fantastic night! Loved Dylan - I thought I would but he was amazing !!!! Nearly rolled in the aisle with laughter !!!

He finished at 10:15 and we scurried straight for the transport. Still didn't get home until after 1:30 am.

And yes its just before 7am and I'm posting this and then getting ready and heading off for my last day at work for a few weeks :) God it feels good to say that!

Claire EJ said...

Hmmm, weird, I had replied to this but it didn't show up. I commented on just how cute Trubs looks on the bed and how I love the ironwork!!

Karen R said...

Glad you feel better, and had a good time! Scritch, scritch for Trubs!

Paula Hubert said...

Trubb looks like she's exactly where she belongs (in her opinion anyway!) Glad you enjoyed the show and are feeling better. And by now, you're a Lady of Leisure for a few weeks - enjoy!

Melissa Hicks said...

Ooooh baby I even managed to sleep in this morning - until 8am !!!!! I'm sure I'll get better at it as the time goes on :) :)
Thanks all for your support and encouragement :)
Trub said mmmmmrow !

Claire EJ said...

Cool, sleep is good...first day of hols, woohoo!!! Sweet :)

Paula Hubert said...

Ok, I'm jealous, but you need the break much more than I do at the moment! So glad you're able to work at getting rested; that can make such a huge difference so quickly!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I', doing so well at the actual sleep thing right now - headaches and funny weather (warm and rainy) mean I'm not sleeping as much as I would like - but its getting there. Job searching and the gym are the arrangements for today.

Post a Comment