Wednesday 25 April 2007

Shhhhh! Secret Squirrel

While on the phone this afternoon I conned mum into looking through the needlework show. Only got partway through Inkcircles before I had to hang up.

This is a place for me to keep information on designs mum showed an interest in so I know what to buy for her for future gifts ......

Sh'es getting ambitious - there's a Chatelaine in that list !!!!

Where there's a will there's a way to figure out what to buy for future presents !!!!

(and yes I've secretly placed an order for other designs for her already tonight - she doesn't know it but hopefully a couple of the designs might turn up before Mother's Day!)

Mel - sneaky daughter extraordinaire !!!!

A Kitty Kats Original
www.AKittyKats.com
K0031 Penny & Gus

Annie Cicatelli
www.anniecicatelli.com
Pack Sampler carpets

Art Stitch
www.art-stitch.com
AS-177 Noel

Tapis Tree
www.tapistree.com
C090P-Cottage Kitty

Beardie Designs
www.beardiedesigns.com
De Oogst

Butterfly Stitches
www.butterflystitches.net
Blackwork Butterfly

Camus International
www.camusinternational.com
Landmark Celtic Cross Collection

** Carousel Charts
** www.CarouselCharts.com
** Dew, Daydreams & Miracles


Carriage House Samplings
www.carriagehousesamplings.com
Strawberry Blonde

Country Garden Stitchery
www.countrygardenstitchery.com
CGS 60 Miss Flopsy's Egg

DebBee's Designs
www.DebBeesDesigns.com
Shenandoah Spring

Debbie Draper Designs
www.debbiedraperdesigns.com
TTT-Tuxedo Tea for Two
ACL-A Cat's Life

Designs by Lisa
www.xstitchdesignsbylisa.com
Once in a Blue Moose

Dessins DHC
www.dessinsdhc.com/
On the swing

Dinky Dyes
www.dinkydyes.com
The Dreaming

European Cross Stitch
www.europeanxsws.com
CHAT043 - Evening in the Park

Fern Ridge Collections
www.fernridgecollections.com
Sneaky Kitty Needlecase

French Needle
www.thefrenchneedle.com
MAMAN sampler

(Anagram Diffusions)
Les Arts Chart
Sampler Elements Chart

Funk and Weber
www.funkandweber.com
Night Howl
Dead of Night

Haberdashery Designs
www.haberdasherydesigns.com
B002 - Dragons

In the company of friends
inthecompanyoffriends.com
Friendship Trifold

Inkcircles Desigms
www.inkcircles.com/html/catalog.html
Sea Stars
Garden Stars
Blackstone Fantasy Garden

Mum just sent me links to a fewq more - YAY!! !!!!

Web Address: www.lilipoints.com
US P013 - L'aioli
US R004 - Gingerbread
 
Hannah's Hummingbird Knot Garden
Pollyanna's Lamplighter Knot Garden
17th Century German Garden
 
Floral 2
Mythic 1
 
Housework
Death by Chocolate
 
Jan Houtman - Closed tree of life
Jan Houtman - Black open tree of life
 
F101 - S'more Dragon Treats
F100 - Dragon BBQer

ROCKIN' CHARD - NEW
SWAN LAKE - NEW
HOCKEY CHARD - NEW
KINGFISHER
 
PS124 Wine a bit..
 
Web Address: www.emlis.com
Elizabeth Roberts II
Scottish House Sampler
 
Amethyst Lily
Fleeting Moment
Dragonfly Dreams

13 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

some nice choices in there!

Melissa Hicks said...

And she's finished off the list and emailed me a few more ..... and she even entered a couple of door prizes !!!!

Hilary Syddall said...

Yay! good for her!

Claire EJ said...

And to think that Denise has been xs'ing for less than two years!!! She's gonna end up with SABLE!!! LOL and it won't be long!

Hilary Syddall said...

I think we are a bad influence on her (NOT!!!!!!!!! LOL)

Melissa Hicks said...

Well mum counted up the 50-ish she's just listed (she doesn't know about the 6 I just ordered as a present for her) and she's convinced if she only ever ends up with these items and none other she will still have reached SABLE.

And she's getting excited about starting a Chatelaine so I might just have to find some funds from somewhere and buy her the kit - might have to wait until her birthday in October .....

Karen R said...

There's a lot of cool stuff in there - your mum's got good taste!

Laura Landis said...

what a list!! looks like you'll have plenty to choose from. How fun!!

Tracy H said...

Just a few items on that list, eh? It's so fun to have a corruptable mother. I got the biggest kick out of sitting with my Mum over spring break and pulling up something on the computer that I knew she would like and saying, "so have you seen this..."

And enabling is way too easy in this day of computers and internet. A few clicks and things show up on your doorstep. Or on the doorstep of your daughter who knows you really "needed" it. Your Mum is so lucky to have you - many daughters and moms don't have any shared passions. I'll stay tuned to her blog for WIP progress shots.
-Cheers.

Karen R said...

My mom and I would never share this kind of stuff; she used to sew on a machine - clothes, drapes, etc. - but never did hand work of any kind; it was more out of necessity than a love of the craft. If either of my grandmothers did, I have no idea. Mom appreciates my work, but doesn't have a full understanding of it. Neither of my sisters do anything crafty at all, though the one closest in age to me is a fantastic decorator - she has an eye for color and detail.

Thank god for you guys on the interweb, or I would truly be all alone with this silly obsession of mine!

Melissa Hicks said...

We as I come off a four week break, mum goes on one !!!! So hopefully without the insane 12-14 hours days (of which mum does a fair bit of physical labour with her patients) she might have some energy left in the evenings to stitch.

So hopefully we'll see a few more WIP pics. Although I ordered her 6 items, I'll kit each one up before I send it and parcel them out to her a few at a time (as I can afford to kit them).

I did get such a kick out of being on the phone with her yesterday while she was going through the needlework show - thank god we both now have broadband !!!!! Although we are hundreds of kilometres apart it did bring us together and yes it was sooo much fun looking through stuff *with* someone who was not just humouring me - you know?

And another 9 hours sleep last night .... I feel good !!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Karen, know that we are always there in spirit and always happy to share and chat about your stitching and new finds !!!!!!!

Paula Hubert said...

This is a great list, and a great resource for other folks who might want to send her something for her birthday or such (innocent look). I'm glad she's receptive to enabling - my mom generally comes up with the answer of "oh, I couldn't do that - it's beyond me", but she's been doing very well with the project of the month from our LNS. I guess the bigger projects overwhelm her a bit!

Post a Comment