Friday 27 April 2007

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?


And what's on the other side .......

OK that's my impression of Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow connection .....

because I've been RAKed again !!!!!  This time from a BFG operative .... it had the Black Floss  !!!!

Yes I have been gifted with a 13x18" piece of 32 ct Belfast Picture This Plus KERMIT.

Those of you on the PTPlus yahoo group will know that I've been looking to get my hands on a piece of this so I can see the actual colour myself.  Every description and every scan I've ever seen of it looks sooo different, from baby crap green through to bright neon ..... and in actuality, now that I have it here, its more of a liime green colour and it changes with the light ....

In my RAK album I've included three pics of the same piece of fabric, one under the scanner, one outside in natural light, one outside with the flash.  In reality the colour is kinda between the scanner and the flash version ..... no wonder people had so much hassle getting a good picture of it.

Now I have it, I've just got to find a design to use on it .......

It was definately a BFG operative that sent it, the skein of DMC 310 was a good indicator.  Looking at the return address, I suspect this might be the work of BFG operative aruaL.

I've sent out a few RAKs myself in the last week ... methinks I might have to do some more considering the haul I've received !!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Karen R said...

You'd never know those were all pictures of the same thing - HMMMM, interesting color....

Melissa Hicks said...

Absolutely *no* idea what I'm going to do with it - but it is a very interesting colour ...... and I'm so glad I have some of now .....

Laura Landis said...

Moi? Why ever would you suspect me? I bought fabric for a Pay It Forward recipient and another for a birthday pressie and some flosses for her, too! However, my dd LOVED this fabric from the pre-release day when we got a preview. She wants to do some fun, funky Halloween piece on it. Gotta love the enthusiasm of teenagers!

Paula Hubert said...

Wow - this IS an interesting color - and aptly named, IMO, too! Have fun figuring out what to put on it!

Post a Comment