Friday 4 January 2008

About me - for Karen

If you're in the mood for a few moments of answering some questions, So I can get to know you better. Just put your answers in the comments section, OR feel free to post it in your own blog.  Just change the answers, and answer them as if I were asking you. 

YOU'RE ON MY FRIENDS LIST... I WANNA KNOW YOU...

I wanna know 36 things about you.

1.)Q. Can you cook?

A. Kinda.  Had my confidence shattered in this area a while ago and still freak out about cooking for others.

2.)Q. What was your dream growing up?

A. To be an Astro-physicist.  Combination of growing up in the shadow of a Radio Telescope and reading lots of Isaac Asimov.

3.)Q. What talent do you wish you had?

A.   To understand toher people - to understand why they react and behave the way they do.

4.)Q. If I bought you a drink, what would it be?

A.  Non-alcohol - cup of tea, banana smoothie, ice-cold water.

Alcohol - a wheat beer or a glass of super dry crisp white wine.  Depends on the weather and my mood.

5.)Q. Favorite vegetable?

A.  Cauliflower - I love steamed cauliflower..

6.)Q. What was the last book you read?

A. The Golden Compass trilogy by Philip Pullman.  Yes I have not picked up a single book since I went on holdays 21 December ....

7.)Q. What zodiac sign are you ?

A. Leo - as if it weren't obvious.

8.)Q. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?

A. No tattoos, 1 hole each ear.

9.)Q. Worst Habit?

A.  Not listening enough.

10.)Q. If you saw me walking down the street, would you offer me a ride?

A. yup - as long as I knew it was you.

11.)Q. What is your favorite sport?

A. To watch?  Cricket.

To participate?  Ummm is sex a sport? Its about the only exercise I get .... 

12.)Q. Pessimistic or Optimistic outlook?

A. Outwardly I'm a realist, dealing with how things *are* not how they should be.  But I know there's a closet optimist inside me screaming to get out.

13. )Q. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?

A.  Make bad jokes about getting stuck in a lift.  Ring the maintenacne people. Then then pull out a book so I can ignore my urgent insistant need to pee.

14.)Q. Worst thing to ever happen to you?

A.  I've never really had a "worst day of my life"  I've been really lucky.  I guess the worst for me was walking into a crowded hall andhave everybody in the toom turn their backs on me.  It was shocking because it was so unexpected and so personal.  It was an SCA event and I later found out my recently-ex husband had been bad-mouthing me behind my back for months before we split up.

15.)Q. Tell me one weird fact about you.

A. Thanks to constant criticisms from above-said ex-hubby, I can happily and cheerfully put on a banquet for 200 people but I freak out at having to cook dinner for two.

16.)Q. Do you have any pets?

A. According to Troublecat *I* am the pet she tolerates having around ....

17.)Q. What if i showed up at your house, unexpectedly?

A. I'd invite you in, apologise for the state of the house, offer you a drink and immediately start talking WIPs and stash .....

18.)Q. What was your first impression of me?

A. KEWL !!!!!   I *like* her!

19.)Q. Do you think clowns are cute... or scary?

A.  Disturbing.  I had seen Dr Who and read Stephen King long before I ever saw a clown at a circus.

20.)Q. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?

A. Drop the excess fat I am carrying and tone up my muscles.  Perhaps make my toes prettier.

21.)Q. Would you be my crime partner... or my conscience?

A. Depends how stupid the plan is.  If its really stupid I would be your conscience or just deny all knowledge (of the plan *and* you).  If it was fun and didn't hurt anyone .... welll we can take my car.

22.)Q. What color eyes do you have?

A.  My eyes change colour under extreme emotion.    Usually they are hazel.

23.)Q. Ever been arrested?

A.  Absolutely not - never done anything to get arrested for.

24.)Q. Bottle or can soda?

A. no thank you.  Prefer no soda or pop or fizzly sugary drinks at all.

25.)Q. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?

A.  Pay it straight off my loan for my car and furniture. I need that paid before I could start saving for the great getogether.  Mind you I would probhably spend a hundred of it on stash .... 

26.)Q. If you could write a book, what would it be?

A. Fantasy.  With a strong female lead that isn't either e kick-ass bitch or a weepy damsel in distress (something a little more real).  And my fantasy would not be derritivie .... I'm tired of reading books where whole plotlines and characters have been taken out of other authors universes, slapped on a new name and been listed as new.  No more Victoriana Aurtherian legends, no more Lord of the Rings copycats ....

27.)Q. What 's your favorite place to hang at?

A. At home, on balcony with a friend eating nibblies and drinking a glass of wine watching the sun go down ....

28.)Q. Do you believe in ghosts?

A. Not deciding one way or another until I meet one.

29.)Q. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

A.  Cross stitch, read watch movies, hang with friends.

30.)Q. Do you swear a lot?

A. Unfortunately yes.

31.)Q. Biggest pet peeve?

A.  Stupid arrogant people.

32.)Q. In one word, how would you describe yourself?

A. Unique or eclectic.

33.)Q. Do you believe/appreciate romance?

A.  Dunno - I do it to others but haven't really had it done to me.  I would like to think there is someone out there who thinks I'm worthy of doing silly pointless romantic things for ......

34.)Q. If you could spend 12 hours with me, and ask/do anything you like, what would it be?

A.  Wooo!  That would be an interesting question askk a more intimate friend ... as to us - stitch, eat, laugh, watch movies, quote dialogue together as the movies goes on ....

35)Q. Do you believe in God?

A. Which one?

36.)Q. Will you re-post this, so I can fill it out and do the same for you?

A.  Yes Kanren, just for you :)

8 comments:

Karen R said...

Your answer to 12 is what I think I meant :)

Melissa Hicks said...

{LOL} I'm *not* unique then :) Do you ever feel that you *have* to be a realist because no-one else in the room is and nothing is getting done?

Karen R said...

I work with engineers - it's all theoretical around here. I'm an engineer's worst nightmare - a dose of reality :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Gee are they worse than academic cataloguers ???? Wow !!!!

Karen R said...

Similar - engineers probably know more Trek and Star Wars stuff, and could probably kick a cataloguer's butt at WoW....

Melissa Hicks said...

Guaranetted !!!!! Some of my cataloguers know the minutiae of the cataloguing rules inside out but that is all they do. They futz around all day trying to get each record as perfect as can be, sometimes taking all day to do one record and then then they go home and sleep and then come back to work again. Some of these people have *no* outside interests at all in their lives.

Paula Hubert said...

talk about taking attention to detail to an extreme! I guess that's why I'm not an engineer or a cataloger!

Melissa Hicks said...

No I think its a combination of a personality type and an extremely insular longterm working and home lifestyle. After all *I'm* a cataloguer as is my supervisor. But we have worked in other areas, and have outside interests ....

Post a Comment