Monday 28 January 2008

Mel's Its-still-Sunday-somewhere-in-the-World Sunday Update

I actually finished this piece around midnight last night but my computer was doing a large defrag so I let it be and went to bed.  Washed ironed and removed the first layer of Trub hair from the design this morning before uploading pictures.

As some of you know i have been very very frustrated so far this year, because I haven't had enough energy or time in the evenings after work to stitch.  I am finding it incredibly frustrating.  So last Thursday night (knowing I didn't have to go to work on Friday) I was determined to stitch. 

I couldn't face a complicated project like The Castle and I was far too tired to do the one over one for Gail's Butterfly so a bad case of startitis (encouraged by Denise) set in and hunted through some patterns.  I really really  really wanted to start Bunny Battle by Arelate Studio but I didn't have a large enough piece of fabric for it ...

While I was hunting through my fabrics, Silkweaver's Blue Dynasty Lugana fell (jumped?) out of the cupboard onto the floor.  Hmmm light blue light blue ... aha !!!

Thus Promenade was chosen and about 150 stitches of black was put in that night.  The rest was done over watching three afternoons of cricket and one evening of tennis.

So now I have my second finish for the year :)

Kay can't fault me over not working on The Castle - after she is the one who RAKed me with the Promenade chart :) :) :)  Tee hee hee !!!!



OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!  I just went to the Silkweaver site to get the link for the Blue Dynasty fabric and I saw in the 2007 Showcase small division - that I have two entries !!!!!  WOW !!!!!  I submitted these ages ago but hadn't seen them so I thought they had been rejected .....  oh wow !!!!!   Look at the last two entries on the Small Division.


24 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Well done on the finish Mel! and on getting some pics into the silkweaver gallery :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

Especially considering one of them is your present :) :) :)

And the other is Claire's {LOL}

They rejected the one I did for Teegs though - maybe the pic wasn't good enough ...

Hilary Syddall said...

A shame that - do you have a chance of winning a prize with these or is it just the kudos of being in the gallery?

Melissa Hicks said...

There is a chance of a prize - but I doubt I will win when you look at the rest of the competition I'm up against. I just love the kudos that I was accepted .....

Robyn Enz said...

Curse you, Mel! Now I need that Bunny Battle! Bunnies!

Melissa Hicks said...

{LOL} Thought I would Karen with that - forgot about you and bunnies :) :) :)

I've had this chart in my collection for three or more years now and every time I see it I'm itching to start it - but every time I either don't have the fabric or something with a deadline gets in first - such as my Dragons RR which I must get onto today ....

Julie Nemitz said...

Grats Mel, on both the finish and the entries. They all look lovely. Good luck in the competition. And since you have startitis, what are you gonna start on next?!?

Stephanie Flynn said...

I know the frustration feeling of not having time to stitch. I was hoping to stitch for an hour tonight before I went to bed. Of course I spent that extra hour at the hospital seeing more patients because someone grrrrrrrr didn't show up on time. So instead of leaving of 11 pm I left at 12:20 am. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep now as I repeat the process in 9 short hours. And oh yes.....gotta have the requisite cold from the ER to top it all off. Kind of have my own whiny blog entry here!

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh Dr Steph !!!! I hope you get lots of sleep and remember - you actually *like* the ER rotation :) :)

Many many hugs
Mel who *also* has to go back to work tomorrow ....

Melissa Hicks said...

Nothing right now :) I may still have startitis but deadlines are closing in on me - so I have to pay attention to outstanding RR and obligation pieces this week.

Stephanie Flynn said...

I DO like the ER rotation. And I've actually had some stitching time this month. I DON'T like being there an hour and a half after I was supposed to leave. And I don't like doing a pelvic exam 20 minutes after I was supposed to leave. And I really don't like it that no one said thank you that I stayed so long. Oh well, I have drug myself out of bed and have an hour before I have to drag myself to the shower to drag myself back to the nuthouse....er ER.

Paula Hubert said...

Actually, look in the Medium category - I saw the D there first and then checked Small for the others

Paula Hubert said...

Excellent finish! Congrats! I think my lack of stitching time is starting to turn around a bit - I actually got to post an update with some real stitching in it!

Denise Hicks said...

She is gorgeous Mel, beautiful work, Well done!!!! You had a lovely stitching weekend.

kay jones said...

Good work girl. Love this one

Karen R said...

Saw Donna's D in the Medium - is it the same designer that charted Claire's C? I think you said they were different, but don't remember for sure now. At any rate, I wish I knew what dimensions they divide the groups into.

Now you can start Bunny Battle, can't you???? Or you can send it to me and I can hem and haw over it, too :) Gotta get some of these Arelate pieces....

Hilary Syddall said...

What got me was that in the small picture section there was a Mirabilia mermaids picture! How on earth that could be classed as small I do not know!

Melissa Hicks said...

woo Hoo !!! thanks Paula !!!

Geee Donna's D is only a couple of stitches wider than Claire's C (yes Karen they are from the same alphabet). So I don't know what definitions they use for small and med.

Must be over/under 100 stitches in one direction.

Both are on 90 something stitches high. Claire's is 90 something stitches wide, but I think Donna's is 120 something wide ....

Melissa Hicks said...

Thank you - and thanks for the chart!

Melissa Hicks said...

Yup Battle Bunny is hopefully the next new start for me. After I finish my RR to send on, and return Hilary's Cats RR and get some stitches into The Castle before Kay puts her voodoo mojo on me ....

Melissa Hicks said...

Woo Hoo - and glad you found your scissors too !!!!

Patty Hurwitz said...

Nice, Mel! It's also fun seeing your things on the SW site.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Patty - now to get some more finishes in to show on the PTP Gallery :) I'll rule the world .....

{LOL} Maybe not - I stitch too slowly to rule the world .....

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

Great chart and grat job! I also love the Bunny Battle!

Post a Comment