Sunday 13 January 2008

Mel's Sunday Non-Update

Well going back to work really put a crimp in my stitching time this week !!!!!

My manager took this week off and I didn't know until I came back to work and found the half page of cryptic notes left for me of where we are up to in certain projects.  I worked long, I worked hard.  I had a very happy successful week - I think.

Tuesday: Go to work, Come home, Check emails, Go to bed.
Wednesday: Go to work, Come home, feed the cat, Check emails, Go to bed.
Thursday: Go to work, Come home, cook dinner, feed the cat, Check emails, Go to bed.
Friday: Go to work, Come home, feed the cat, fall asleep wile checking emails.

The commute wasn't that much better.  It all started off Tuesday morning.  I took M designs Rejoice ornament with me. 

Stitching on 32ct opalescent PTP fabric in poor light, in hand and after getting up at 4am is not a good thing to do.  I made 31 stitches in 45 minutes.  And then I realised that I had started 5 rows above where I was supposed to - so I frogged it all and went to sleep.

Tuesday afternoon: I slept.

Wednesday morning and afternoon: Read James Patterson "Double Cross".  Read half on the way up and finished it 2 minutes before pulling into my station on the trip home.

Thurs morn: travelled with a friend.
Thurs afternoon: slept.

Friday morn: Stitched on a present.
Friday afternoon: Fell asleep with the needle in my hand on the train.  Apparently this afforded great amusement to some teenage boys who equated me with a wino falling asleep but still making sure he didn't lose or tip over his bottle ....

Saturday - did a little bit of backstitching on Spotted Butterfly.  But not enough to finish it.

Back to Sunday and a new week :)

I did however received three RAKs this week.  A belated Christmas present from Hilary - the Season one DVD of Dresden Files.  I also received two stitching RAKs from Gail and Stephanie.

Thank you so much to the three of you.  I will be diligently watching Dresden Files, stitching on Birdwing and dreaming about fabric for Valentines !!!

Today's pic is for Claire - one for Stuff on my Cat :)

10 comments:

Claire EJ said...

LOL..seen this one before..it's nothing compared to some on the SOMC website LOL.

BTW: You forgot to feed Trubs on Tuesday..

Melissa Hicks said...

She alerted me to that fact Wednesday morning.

Karen R said...

The boys want to know what I'm laughing at - I'm not telling them; poor, poor Trubs! Though, if she's anything like a couple of them around here, missing a meal won't hurt :) Better luck stitching this week - will the boss be back?

Melissa Hicks said...

The boss *should* be back Monday morning :) And here you go Claire - a pic taken this morning of Cat on my Stuff. Yes that is my desk between my keyboard and my monitor.

Claire EJ said...

Trubs ain't looking happy...I shall head for Catbook and stroke her :)

Karen R said...

I have a cat on my stuff right now (sniffing my hair, actually - he does that a lot recently), wanting to know when I'm getting off the computer to go stitch - now, I guess, since the day is slipping away....

Hilary Syddall said...

Poor Trub! if it had been my previous cat you would have ended up with shredded feet as she made her annoyance known!

Enjoy the DVD!

Terri England said...

Poor Trub. Sounds like your week was almost like mine. Only Difference is I don't fall asleep on the train and No room to stitch. But that will be changing as I will be working 6am to 2:30 pm

Paula Hubert said...

I think Trub is looking for "ctrl-alt-delete" and thinking that there's more than one way to get the house servant to do her bidding. lol

I hope your week goes a bit better!

Melissa Hicks said...

She is *definitely* staring at the keyboard and wondering why I spend sooo much time pressing the keys on it ......

Post a Comment