Thursday 17 January 2008

Meh!

To quote Trubs, today's day has been "meh".

I woke up at 4:30 this morning when the alarm went off - it was dark. Pitch black.  It was raining.  Torrentially.  I didn't get much sleep again last night and I haven't been looking after myself foodwise - skipping meals etc.

So I turned the alarm off, rolled over and stared at the ceiling feeling sorry for myself for another couple of hours and eventually snoozed for a while.

Got up, put the garbage out and did a bit of food shopping, came home, rang in sick, had breakfast and went back to bed for the day to snooze and feel crappy.

The day match my mood - miserable. It was cold, wet grey and drzzly all day.  Very dark sky and grey everywhere.

Someone forgot to tell the weather that its January - it should be clear skies, blue skies over 100 Farhenheit and havig power blackouts from everyone overusing their airconditioning ....

Oh well - I also spent a few hours reading Evil Inc comic right from the first strip forward. Apart from the sappy bits which I find a bit painful right now, I actually enjoyed the whole comic !!!  I *like* the idea of a supervillian organisation run by Supervillians and listed on the stock exchange :) :)

I took pictures of Kay's and Tracy's RAKs and added them to my RAKs album a few hours ago.  I haven't taken the socks off since and all of the Dove milk chocolate with almonds is now gone.

The socks fit perfectly !!!  As I toungue-in-cheek suggeasted to Tracy - my ankles and calves are much fatter than hers and the socks would not be droopy or floppy on me.  I was right - they fit like perfectly tailored foot gloves.

I'm going to go and get the wrap from Claire, and leave my socks from Tracy on and go and sit on the lounge and watch the cricket for a while.  I don't know whether my mood is affected by the weather - or whether the full impact from the weekend's bust up with Paul has finally hit home - but its been a very blah day today.

No stitching.  I really don't feel doing much of anything.

10 comments:

Claire EJ said...

I'm thinking both Paul and the weather...your Summer sounds like a repeat of ours last year when everyone's Winter SAD kicked back in....nasty.

Warm shoulders from me, warm feet from Tracy and a warm belly from the chocolate...like an all over hug:)

Mariann Mäder said...

The weather just enhanced the understandably foul feelings after your break-up, sweetheart. Look after yourself and let it pass.

And more hugs coming your way!

Söckli and Minou are thinking the same, by the way, though the weather isn't bad it's naturally cold and my two lazy bags of fur are rolled up cosily in their favourite places and hardly move an inch.

Sisu Lull said...

Everyone has blah days, I am sure yours is a combo of the 2 factors. Be good to yourself and give Trubs lots of scritches, take a nap, and maybe tomorrow both the skies and your mood will clear.

Hilary Syddall said...

Look after yourself hun, you are probably run down from last week and then the break up as well. We need our bouncy minion back!

Paula Hubert said...

It sounds like everything heaped up on you at once. I'm glad you had all of your knitted bits to snuggle up in - they're like hugs, too!

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

So sorry dear - just take it easy

Melissa Hicks said...

Its 4:45 am the next morning and the skies are pitch black with torrential rain again. Looks like today will be a carbon copy of yesterday - weather wise.

I am going to work today - I have meeting and projects that need to be finished - I took yesterday off because I knew I had no meetings and I was ahead of schedule in my urgent projects. Today I have meetings and must play catch up :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts and kindness during my whingeing and self pity moments :)

Karen R said...

Hope the clouds break today for you - internally and externally :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks sweetie - been too busy at work to mope!

Post a Comment