Sunday 20 January 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Well I got a *little* bit of stitching in this week - it was a very draining week - both professionally and personally so didn't get as much done as I wanted.

I did however stitch on the train for three days this week - working again on the secret present project.

I also re-started Gail's butterfly pattern. 

I honestly thought this pattern, 2 over 2 on 28 count was going to be too blocky - so I decided to rip out everything I had done and yesterday while watching the cricket I restarted doing one over one on the same Silkweaver 28ct opalescent fabric.

I have to stop here and say Karen (and all other people like you who willingly like doing one over one on such small counts) are nuts !!!

You are true masochists and fruitcakes !!!!

My eyesight is being affected by this project - how the heck can you do confetti stitching on one over one on 32ct for seven hours straight ?????????????????

I'm now even more in awe of your Lady and the Unicorn project !!

But none the less I'm going to persevere with my project just so I can say I've completed a one over one project and because I this particular chart will look great when I'm finished !!!

I might be blind- but it will look great :) :)

Now off to clean house and then grid up my Gemstone Dragons which needs to be arranged stitched and posted off before 1 Feb 2008.

Oh I also have put up pics of my wonderful RAKs this week. 

6 comments:

Karen R said...

Ah, but Lady & Unicorn is on 22ct - a bit easier :) Over-1 on 32ct, I do usually have to use my magnifier, but on 28ct, I can see that just fine, still. And I must say, so far, this looks really nice - the over-1 lines are going to give it such wonderful detail!!

My Quaker that I did on the 32ct doesn't even look like it's stitched - it looks printed. I can't even imagine what it's like on 36ct, though I expect I'll go totally over the edge someday and try it :) Gemstone dragons - can't wait to see how they actually look stitched!

Julie Nemitz said...

Quarter stitches, especially confetti quarter stitches are the worst on 32 count, so I feel your pain Mel. I can tell it's gonna be gorgeous though, so I hope you persevere and continue to put those stitches in. It's gonna be absolutely fabulous!!!!

Shawn Medrano said...

This one is going to look wonderful over 1, I think you made a good choice Mel!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks everyone - I am loving the effect the over one has on this design - so I'm definitely going to continue !!!!!

Paula Hubert said...

I love how it looks over one, but I'm with you - I'm not completely sucked in like some *other* folks around here are! lol I do have a SL kitted up to do over 1 on 25 count, we'll see if it converts me or pushes me over that final edge that will land me sitting in a corner and drooling. {wink}

I did a clock insert for DFIL two years ago for Christmas which was on 36 count linen. The main part of the design was over two, so no big deal, but once I was done I decided to add his initials. They needed to be over one - OMG - I thought I was going to be blind forever!! lol

Hilary Syddall said...

It is looking good but hoo boy about being over 1!!

Post a Comment