Wednesday 17 December 2008

Christmas - getting there

Finally have all the shopping done.  Everything to be posted has been wrapped and all bar one last box has been posted.  This box will be posted express post tomorrow. 

All that's left now is to wait for one present for S to turn up in the mail and to pick one up off lay-by for A tomorrow.  Wrap both and presents are finished.

Now onto making the house habitable for three people, decorating and buying food.

The above is a treat I bought myself while at the markets this evening.  I bought exactly what I needed to for presents and nothing more - except the treat :)  It is a gluten-free chocolate cake ad I have never seen a gf done up so prettily before.  It reminded me of illustrations out of old Enid Blyton books about fairy cakes and afternoon teas :)

I forgot my phone can take pictures so I brought the cake home through a crowded market then on a very crowded tram - so it got a bit squished.  Tasted delicious though.


Time for bed.

11 comments:

Karen R said...

Isn't that too pretty to eat? Okay, not really, I know :) I got a Christmas card from you yesterday - thank you for the gorgeous threads - I LOVE that Moon Called Sea - it's one of the few Examplar colors I haven't gotten at least one of - yet :) Will post a pic sometime today, with any luck!! Lucy loved the envelope - don't know what all she was smelling on it, but I couldn't keep it away from her. Damn hound dog...

Paula Hubert said...

What a lovely little cake! Was thinking of you while in the grocery this weekend - they had several gluten free mixes. I didn't really read the ingredients, but it's nice to know that more of that sort of thing is becoming readily available, at least here!

Melissa Hicks said...

Karen trubs "chinned" all the envelopes before they went out. Lucy may be smelling her scent. Glad you liked the floss. That is one of my favourite colours too :)

Claire EJ said...

What a cute cake...Must have been made by Moonface:)
I still love the Faraway Tree books....bought an omnibus a few years back and it's all still so cute.

Still stunned at the size of the package that arrived today....hmmmm..I still plan on waiting 'til the day though LOL.

Melissa Hicks said...

Its not that big!

Framing triples the size I swear !!!!!

Claire EJ said...

I'll comment further on size when I open it :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Would it give it away if I was really mean and said there are pictures of it finished and framed somewhere on this blog. That'll blow your mind!

Claire EJ said...

I'm going hunting right now.

Melissa Hicks said...

You wont know which one it is as there is NO indication that it was stitched for you :)
Hugs
Evil Minion

Claire EJ said...

garden cat? says she hopefully.

Melissa Hicks said...

Nope - Garden cat hasn't been framed. But I will tuck that away for future reference .....

Post a Comment