Sunday 14 December 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Not much stitching at all done this week I'm afraid.  Busy at work, Christmas things, power outage and migraines all conspired against me :)

The only stitching I did this week was this cute little small.  After all of the gift stitching I thought I'd add one tiny piece in for myself.  I actually stitched just about all of this on Thursday afternoon/evening sitting in my front garden waiting for the electricity to come back on.

Good?  Is in my 2008 Finished Album.

Also in there are the framed versions of Coffin Buzz and Verdi.

Zoom in on Coffin Buzz - I am quite pleased how this monster came out.  It is huge by the way - 20" x 24".  I had no idea this little piece would frame up so big.

The framer was fast - he framed all four pieces within a week - but I left the other two pieces there until next payday so I can finish paying for them:)

Only other news is I'm now subscribed to this and Debbie so very kindly RAKed me with the kit minus the fabric.  Mariann - want to SAL with us on this one? 

This week I'm back to BoInk trying to stay ahead of the pack while getting through a full workweek, preparing the house for visitors and doing the last of the Christmas shopping .... arrrrgh!

Now back to your regularly scheduled serenity ....


11 comments:

Karen R said...

Hope this coming week goes a little smoother (is it eve possible before Christmas?) At least no power outages or migraines!!

Twana Bentley said...

Daggone it Mel! Looking at any thing you post tends to be hard on my pocketbook. JAR has some really cute designs. How do you find all of these?

Melissa Hicks said...

Keeping my fingers cross on both points. The power is reconnected, but I still don't know which provider I ended up being with - and they both have twits working at their call centres. Will try to sort some more of the saga out from work on Monday.

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm a librarian :)

Claire EJ said...

Very cute little piece...have you been "good" this year?
I know I have :) LOL

Rachel Cox said...

Having problems tonight! Puter playing up! Love the peice! Becky would suitr that completely!

Melissa Hicks said...

{best Mae West voice} Honey, I'm very good!

Sisu Lull said...

"regularly scheduled serenity"?
Whuzzat?
Cute piece by the way! I love it, tee-hee. I wonder if Minion goading goes on the good list or the bad list?

Melissa Hicks said...

It goes on the "gets the reward it deserves" list .....

Mariann Mäder said...

I will actually, just have to wait until the holidays to join at home. Not allowed to do it at the office. But I'll also order the kit :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

Sounds fabulous - and fabric?

Post a Comment