Wednesday 24 December 2008

WTF ???

From the ABC newsletter emailed this afternoon:

"Doctor Who fans are in for a treat when ABC TV screens the highly anticipated 2008 Doctor Who Christmas Special on Sunday January 25 at 7.30pm, on ABC 1.  Doctor Who: The Next Doctor will screen in the UK on Christmas Day, December 25, and will then be fast-tracked via tardis to Australia. "

Fast tracked.  A whole month - 31 days - fast tracked ?????

Maybe 10 years ago?  Maybe even five years ago ?????

But in an era where we are bombarded with stupid shows like Desperate Housewives within DAYS after they air in the States - the Beeb and Aunty still can't manages anything less than a month.

Now I like my Who.  I'm not a fanatic - I don't have Who-related material all over my house nor can I recite entire episodes off by heart .... but I like my Who.  I especially like knowing "what's going to happen".

I *know* I will be receiving cryptic tweets and texts while it is being screen in the UK.   I know Australian friends who will be scanning Peer-to-Peer sites and You Tube within hours of it being screened.

And TV Executives are still heralding 31 days as fast tracked ....


6 comments:

Jim Westlake said...

So long as Cathrine (Stupid and not funny) Tate is getting the chop as well then I'll be watching it.

Kerry Dustin said...

Well, compared to when we'll be seeing it, that probably does count as fast-tracked! (Hooray for downloads.)

Claire EJ said...

In their minds, that's fast tracked:(

I promise not to text or make cryptic comments about it....
Still haven't got round to watching last year's xmas special.

Melissa Hicks said...

What ???? But but but - I'm relying you !!!!!!!!! I need those hints or I'll get the shakes :) :) :)

Melissa Hicks said...

She's not in the show anymore Jim.

I gotta confess - I hate her own show and I thought she would be horrible in this - in the end I loved her! I still cry every time I see what happens to her character in last season's finale. I feel sad re-watching the whole season, now I know the ending.

Catherine actually is a really good actress and I loved her in this series. I thought she would be stupid and horrible and I was wrong wrong wrong.

I really wanted her stay as I think she has been the best long term companion tot he Doctor since it re-started.

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm with you there Kerry!

Post a Comment