Wednesday 14 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day !!!



Yes it is the morning of 14 February ... I've driven and then walked past three florists this morning and I swear they have the world's supply of roses outside each shop !!!!


Well seeing as none of those roses or anything else is coming my way this year (yes self pity .... ) I decided to do a small S.E.X run to PTP


FireWing Designs - Singularity (chart and fabric)
Moonflower Designs - Stellar (kit)
and a present for mum: FireWing designs Shadow Storm (chart and fabric)


Then I came to work. On the way as well as seeing all the roses intended for other people, I stopped past my Post Office box. Inside was a package from VicStitch - an ONS based in Victoria - I don't remember ordering from them lately ....


IT WAS A PRESENT !!!!!! "From the Dragon" it says!


It contains a chart - Heritage Stitchcraft Silhouette: Late Shift and
a quarter (70cm x 50cm) of evenweave fabric. Colour is eggshell/pewter/ivory/china pearl ???


WOWWWWW !!!! Thank you Hilary !!!!!!


Umm as there is no invoice or anything with it - could you let me know what the fabric is please :)

Edited to include picture - also in RAK album.

14 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Ooh nice! great day for it to turn up!
Happy Valentines :)

Hilary Syddall said...

Wow that was quick (and perfect timing!)

Jobelan 28 count fat quarter, 70 x 50cm
Jobelan Fabric Colour: 26 Light Grey

I thought some Jobelan always comes in and the chart was because I thought you might like something tradionally British! ('sides which my Maternal Grandda was a miner LOL)

Enjoy Mel!

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh wow - thank you Hilary! Knowing why you chose that chart makes it all the more special !!!! It'll definitely be stitched up this year !!!! Maybe even started next week if Tracy's model job doesn't turn up on Monday .... I do love the Heritage Stitchcraft charts!

And thank you! I was feeling a bit of self-pity this morning - so the timing was perfect !!!!!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh wow - thank you Hilary! Knowing why you chose that chart makes it all the more special !!!! It'll definitely be stitched up this year !!!! Maybe even started next week if Tracy's model job doesn't turn up on Monday .... I do love the Heritage Stitchcraft charts!

And thank you! I was feeling a bit of self-pity this morning - so the timing was perfect !!!!!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Ok I'm home from work and have included a picture now :)

Lizzie Savignon said...

What a lovely thing to happen.

Karen R said...

Wow, can't wait to see your start on that one! Cool giftie!

Paula Hubert said...

A very lovely surprise! Congrats!

Mariann Mäder said...

Nice surprise, Mel! You're right, Heritage Stitchcraft charts are among the best!

Not sure about your place, but here I wouldn't even go nearer than a metre to those roses they're selling around Valentine's day - they're rather poisonous as they have to be imported from heaven knows where...

Melissa Hicks said...

Hmmm - you do have a point Mariann - I must admit I am spoiled growing up with rosebushes around the house ... and knowing what a "real" rose can smell like ......

Laura Landis said...

Very cool! What a great Valentine's Day pressie!!

Melissa Hicks said...

It was my *best* and almost only valentine's pressie :)

Hilary Syddall said...

oooh glad it arrived Valentine's day then!!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

I got your pressie and a txt from an old lover that arrived two days later because my mobile has been playing up :)

And here I have a reputation as a temptress with an insatiable appetite for other women;s men !!!! As if !!!!!

Post a Comment