Tuesday 20 February 2007

Mel's Late Monday update




Well I was hoping to report a finish today - but it was not to be. Had Paul around all weekend and spent my usual sunday morning stitching time, finishing book one of the Dresden Files! Gotta hunt down book 2 now ..... Teegs thanks for the heads up -I am loving this series! Liked episode one of the TV series too .. I love the way they've altered Bob for the TV series - Harry himself looks too grungy for my taste, but I love Bob - can I take Bob home ?????

Anyway I'm loving stitching this design and I've been playing with my stitching technique to get a better look from the variegated. I altered the direction of my stitching from horizontal to vertical to diagonal to try and keep the mottled shading moving smoothly around the design - and try to minimise the stripy look. Pics here!

Please guys - honest feedback - was taking this extra time worth it in the outcome? Does it look any better for me taking the extra time to change the flow of the stitches?

Anyway will hope to finish this next Monday!




4 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

I like it :) And I think the change looks good! Varigated often looks stripey but yours does not!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Nate, I was deliberately trying to avoid the stripey look :) :)

Glad I appear to have succeeded ....

Paula Hubert said...

I like this exactly as you have it, so yes, I think the extra time was worth it! In some cases, a stripey look wouldn't be too bad, but I think this piece works MUCH better with the way you've done it. Congrats!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks all for your affirmations - I'll be so pleased when I finish this next Monday :)

Post a Comment