Sunday 2 March 2008

Caught the culprit

This week' I've been working on "How do I Love Thee by Designs by Lisa.

WIP pics here.

Chele RAKed me with this one with the comments "I think you should stitch this pattern for YOU! ... For every stitch, think of another person who loves you just the way you are right now!"

Well, with such a kind message how could I do anything but start it immediately - after all Chele RAKed me the threads as well as the chart.  So I did a floss toss that night and started it on the train the next day.

All was going well until the morning of the third day - the train was just pulling into the station when I put the finishing touches on the main heart motif and was admiring it before I put it away when I thought the heart was looking a little squashed .....

I had missed out an entire row in the middle of it.  I had to frog the entire top of the heart.

Well no pun intended but I didn't have the heart for it .... so I left it alone until the cricket started this afternoon. I frogged and restitched large sections of the heart and continued on.

I was interrupted by Trubs about a half hour ago - she was being too athletic - that meant she had live prey.  She was playing with a frog.  My cat, my friend, my sleeping partner brought a frog into my house !!!!!

I took a pic of the little feller before I put him back outside.  Trubs is now scratching at the back door because I've got her locked in until the frog makes his safe escape .......

I figured it was as good a time as any to show an update of today's stitching. There is very little of the red thread left.  Its CUPID by Crescent Colours.   I suspect even if I hadn't made a stupid mistake, I still would not have had enough thread to finish the entire design.

Nowhere on the chart does it mention that you need more than one skein ...... {sigh}

Well after chatting with two LNS stores I finally found a second skein of CUPID today .... mum has one !!!  She's posting it to me sometime this coming week.

18 comments:

Karen R said...

I think that's one thing mine don't seem to have any interest in, though they are quite the terrors on the lizards we have running around, which I wish they would leave alone! The cat I had in England was a great hunter - something every day, and not all of them dead that got into the house :( Hope the thread is a great match when you get it!

Michele Anderson said...

Oh that is almost a cute coincidence, that Trubs brought you a live frog right after you had to 'frog' your project! I am going to have to order myself another skein of Cupid for my border. I haven't started this one yet but I am hoping to make it a Christmas present to Scott. We will see how that goes!

Chele

Jodie Hill said...

Cute frog! Trubbs was just showing you how much she loves you!!! Sorry you had to frog your project though...

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm lucky in some ways, Trubs brings in live animals to play with - she's not hungry and she's not vicious. She just wants to play with things that don't need mum to wind them up every 10 seconds .... OK when its a little frog - not so OK when its a poisonous snake that can kill her ....

Nancy Murdock said...

Can't believe she didn't harm the little bugger! Mine likes to bring it the occasional live birds to play with. And usually poor little dead bunnies!

kay jones said...

Awww I do have a soft spot for frogs...well toads actually. We have hundreds of them on our place usually underneath a flower pot when you pick it up but they do such a wonderful job eating the bugs that you gotta love them

Julie Nemitz said...

Thank God for small favors, YD likes to look but she can't catch, so I don't have to worry about that. sorry you had to frog Mel, but it looks good now!! Glad your mum has a skein of Cupid for you to use. Can't wait to see it finished!!

Mariann Mäder said...

You know what just occurred to me, Mel? You've made those errors so that you'd have to spend more time on this little project, so that you get more chances to think about those who love you :-)))))

I've shoved frogs/toads out of my flat before, which have found their way in by the mouths of my cats - I suspect it's mostly Minou, Söckli jumps after everything moving, but so far she hasn't proven herself as a successful hunter

Paula Hubert said...

I think Trubs was just distracting the frog that had been helping you on your project :). I do have to say that the one thing that I don't miss about having a cat is all the semi-live stuff that gets brought in!

Melissa Hicks said...

I was thinking maybe it was my punishment for forgetting a whole row of people who love me ........

Mariann Mäder said...

Naaaah! You've got to see things positivie, sweetie, and in this case it's a glass half full, not half empty :-)))

Huggles

Melissa Hicks said...

Hmmm - its the next night and I've just put out another froggy playmate of Trubs ...

This was a bigger frog!

Hmmm - two frogs in two nights - I think I might continue to read on the train tomorrow :)

Hilary Syddall said...

Could you not train Trub to chase froggies miles away instead of bringing them in?!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Oh she likes brining her toys home !!! I made her so happy this morning!

I got up at my usual 4:30am, had a shower and really didn't feel well so I went back to bed. Two minutes later she's snuggled up with me purring like a jet engine! Really loudly! For at least 20 mins .....

Hilary Syddall said...

and that stopped you getting back to sleep for a while I am guessing! How do cats purr THAT loudly anyhow??!

Fatema Y. said...

He looks like a mean thing..the design you are doing is really beautiful..Do all ONS have it or only special ONS? I really would like to get that. Fatema

Melissa Hicks said...

OH of course - but I don't begrudge her one bit. It feels sooo good to have a cat purring that loudly at you :) :) And I then slept in until nearly 9am anyway :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Hi Fatema, This is a new design - only released at Nashville last month. I'm assuming all ONS will have it - they just may not have it yet. I assume all the large ONS will have it by now.

Post a Comment