Sunday 16 March 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

The only stitching I seem to do lately is either during the train commute  (which I am certain is frog infested) and at home on the weekends.

However after coming home ill on Thursday afternoon I managed to get some stitching in on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. I had *two* finishes !!!!!!!

And aren't they just the antithesis of each other LOL !!!  One I cannot show as it is a gift for a non-stitching friend.  The other is How Do I Love Thee by Designs by Lisa.

The whole frog-infested saga can be seen HERE.

Finished album is HERE.

I sent an email to  Kathy at DesignsbyLisa showing her my finish and commenting on the hassles I had because of not knowing I needed a second skein ...

Her response:
I realize I didn't note the amount of threads needed.  This is the only design I have only used two colors, and I guess it would have made sense to list how many skeins needed.And a model stitcher stitched it for me, and I thought I had only sent her one skein.  Regardless.....an easy fix, and I can put it on my site for additional people to see.  Thanks for pointing this out!

So that is good news.  Thank you sooo much for RAking me this chart and threads Chele - it has indeed brought some Romance into my life which I was completely *not* expecting.  So time to RAK this chart off to someone else who needs some romance - the only catch is that I think it only works if you stitch it up right away - so know anyone who fits that criteria ????

Now I'm off to stitch on Claire's RR piece.  It is supposed to be posted out on Friday (Good Friday) - gee did I stuff up the timetable :)  I will attempt to get this out to Laura on Wednesday before I go - but if I don't then I will post it next week when I return.  I will not be taking it to Melbourne with me :) :)

I still have about 8 hours of stitching left to do on it - hopefully getting a good chunk in this afternoon ....

Off now to write up my Rare Book Summer School presentation and then tidy up a bit (as I look around at my bombshell of a home) and then stitch on Claire's RR piece.

12 comments:

Karen R said...

Well, gee, it might not seem like a lot, but you have so much other stuff going on, too, that I think you've made great progress - a finish or two, no less! And after a relaxing week in Melbourne, maybe you'll have energy to spare and get that Castle done :)

{ducking and covering}

Melissa Hicks said...

Castle ??? {Mel scratches her head} Castle? Castle ???

Nope don't remember any castle :) :)

OK - after the two RRs get done I'll try to get some time in on The Castle ....

Michele Anderson said...

Good Morning Mel,

Your very, very Welcome! I am crossing everything that your new 'romance' works out in some way, shape or form. He sounds like such a fun guy! Heck he sounds like a perfect best friend even. LOL!

And nope, can't think of anyone who needs romance that would be able to stitch it right away. I can think of one person who does need romance but we will all probably be half way to the grave before she started stitching!! LOL!

Luv and Hugs,
Chele

Natalie Mikesell said...

Lovely finish Mel!! I love the fabric you stitched this on :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Chele - yes I thought of sending it to that person :) :) :) :)

And yes Stephen would and does make a very good best friend and I'm glad to know we will retain that even if the "romance" doesn't work out.

Even Paul and I are becoming friends again - although the romance part of that relationship died a long and fiery death and will never be resurrected :) :)

So I'm learning - you can be grown up enough to retain friendships after failed romances as long as the other person is grown up about it too :) :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Nate - I'm not actually sure what it is - it was an "add a surprise package of fabric in your cart for $5.00" special I bought from some shop in the post-Christmas sales earlier this year.

Julie Nemitz said...

Congrats on the finishes Mel. I love how How Do I Love Thee came out. It's lovely. Enjoy your trip if I don't talk to you again before then!!

Lori M. said...

This is a really cute design Mel! Congrats on your beautiful finish!

Claire EJ said...

Lovely lovely finish.

Paula Hubert said...

Congrats on the finishes!

I have NO idea who 'Chele was referring to, either.... {giggle}

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

I love that finish dear!

Linda T said...

Congratulations on the finishes!

Post a Comment