Saturday 1 March 2008

Lust List - Threads


ThreadworX 6 stranded cotton 1025 Blue Navy

1 skein Northern Pine: Blue Bayou

A listing of threads needed for charts in my stash that I would like to stitch. This is my go-to list when I see items come on special :) The list is broken into two sections:

REGULAR A-Z
Threads needed to kit up charts in my stash. Although the threads are listed via manufacturer to make it easier to sort through for the sales, each one does list the project it will be used for.

KITS $$ LOWEST - HIGHEST
The kits (as opposed to single threads) are listed at the bottom of the page. Some of the items in the kits have more than one colourway option. In every case I have left the option of the colourway choice up to the buyer. I figure if, in the unlikely even someone actually spends serious money on a gift for me, then they can choose which colours they like would to see the item stitched up in :)

Otherwise when I buy it myself (see above reference to sales season!) then I can decide on the day I purchase it :)

12 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Making the list is [almost] as much fun as getting it - and no whimpering credit card! = ) I love the DD Daydream and DD Christmas Pines - some of my favorite colors there!

Melissa Hicks said...

[rueful grin} This was supposed to remain in draft mode for a few more days - oh well .... yeah I love window shopping and getting organised. I'm not getting much stitching done, but I'm not spending money either I guess.

Mariann Mäder said...

Yummmmmm! I love these reds :-)

Mariann Mäder said...

Loads of nice colours here, Mel! We don't mind that it's still a WIP, nosing around in others' lust lists is fun!

Julie Nemitz said...

What beautiful choices Mel. I hope you can get some of them soon. Do you have projects for all of them already, or are these just the pretties that you want to have on hand?

Melissa Hicks said...

Julie, If you look at each thread individually you will see a list of how many skeins and which projects I need them for - *all* of these threads so far are ones I need to kit up charts already in my stash :)

Letha Welch said...

Wow, what an ambitious project! I was just lamenting that I don't have a list of what I 'have' so I don't have to sort through each time looking... ony to find I am short one skein, and just came back from the hobby store. Beautiful colors... fun to be had!

Melissa Hicks said...

If you look closely Letha you will see that some of the charts these threads are needed for, have a certain familiar ring to them - a lot of these are the 40 or so charts I bought from you earlier in the year - before I became fiscally responsible :)

I haven't gone through my older stash yet - I estimate this is less than 20% of my total stashed charts that need kitting up .....

But as well as showing beautiful threads to all of you, this project will help me when there are sales on so I can buy exactly what I need !!

Karen R said...

Well, at least somebody has a plan with one of these silly lists; on mine, only one is a For-sure, gotta have, that Belle Soie Blue Lagoon. The rest, strictly for fondling... I wish every fiber company did sample tags like Vikki Clayton does.

Melissa Hicks said...

LOL if I put in the "only for fondling" as well this would be toooo huge !!!!

Letha Welch said...

LOL... Yea, when I saw the DDY blue that was dyed for the Fantasy Faire '05... I chuckled. Still... I have used much of my Dinky Dye's silk stash on projects. And now my daughter is snagging some of my dyed cotton stash for a bookmark exchange she is in. So... I need MORE! LOL

Christine Marie Wilson said...

Great wish list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment