Saturday 15 March 2008

OK last one .....

I heard earlier this week that Gary Gygax died.

I wanted to say something about this, as he and his creations helped form a core part of my personailty and interests in the world.

THIS BLOG says it so much better than I ever could.

And THIS ONE was very much atrip down memory lane - especially as a teenager in the 80s who was into 2nd gen AD&D in a big way wth hand drawn maps, swapping quests and modules with kids from other high schools etc  :) :)

4 comments:

Karen R said...

Wow... Good piece. Will have to let the Big Kid read that tomorrow - he got D&D for Christmas, and they've roped me into being the dungeon master a few times :)

Hilary Syddall said...

I still can't get over this - I was playing a game on-line when the news came out - shall we say the game folded!

Melissa Hicks said...

You'd make a good DM - you have the right combination of imagination and ruthlessness ...

Melissa Hicks said...

I just edited this post to include a second blog. I loved this one although it is rather long ....

Post a Comment