Sunday 29 June 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Well what a week - eye infections, job applications, adverse reactions to the antibiotics for my eyes.  My Director and the University Librarian being very kind to me.

Very little stitching got done.  However I did make a lot of progress yesterday last night and this morning.

I have finished Part 5 of BoInk.  I have finished Part 6 too but pics in a couple of weeks.  It is a very fun part - my favourite so far.

I also finished off Something in Red.  Pics in my finished folder here.  And in its own folder here.  I've decided that I will re-start Black Beauty completely and have already ordered another skein of GAST Black Crow and cut more fabric.

Only other stitching news is that I got all excited about my eyesight returning so I started Lyne's RR last night.  This morning I discover I'm off by one one row so three hours of stitching will need to be frogged and redone ......

Finally I received a wonderful RAK this week.  Gail sent me this chart which she so nicely named after me.  Actually she included two versions.  The original and a variegated

I'm partial to the variegated version but I'm not sure - any thoughts on which version I should stitch first?  Variegated on the left and original on the right.

Hope everyone else has had a happy and productive week - I'm off to frog Lyne's RR.

10 comments:

Stephanie Flynn said...

That's a mighty productive week in my book! I've been slug-like myself the past couple of days. I'm going to try to do better tomorrow....perhaps advance to sloth.

Melissa Hicks said...

LOL!!! I like Sloth - sloth is a very good way to be. Especially considering everything you've been through in the last 12 months!

Julie Balla said...

Good progress, and a lovely RAK. Hope the eye is getting better now.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Somayya,

It is *getting* better. We will see how it is tomorrow in the air-conditioning again :)

Rachel Cox said...

Glad you eye is improving! Hope you are not over doing it!!!

Karen R said...

Glad the eye is getting better - hope the AC doesn't put it back!!! I'll be curious to see how this design stitches up - it's definitely interesting!! Are the black lines around the central part backstitch, or single lines of Xs?

Rosanne Derrett said...

I am pleased the eye is getting better. Love Black Opal but then I love the real stone. I'm not so fond of white opal but love the blue and black ones. There is a gorgeous Jenny Kee knitting pattern for a Black Opal jacket which is spectacular (I've knitted it for a customer).

Lori M. said...

Great progress Mel, and I'm glad to hear that your eye is doing better! Stitcher's shouldn't get eye infections, it's just wrong!!! Sorry to hear that your having a visit from the frogs ... sending you some industrial strength frog repellent ASAP!

Melissa Hicks said...

The dark blue lines over the actual opal is backstitching with two strands. The blackwork is done in black in one strand.

Melissa Hicks said...

Trubs has decided to be a watchkitty. She has taken to sleeping on Lyne's RR to keep the frogs at bay. Keeps the stitcher at bay too .....

Post a Comment