Friday 12 January 2007

Lily Munster is no more .....


Yvonne decarlo - the actress who played Lily Munster died yesterday at aged 84.

http://media-newswire.com/release_1040947.html
http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/yvonnedecarlo.html

Although this actress did so much more in her career and life, its in this role that I remember her. Lily Munster was one of my first role models - I always wanted the while skin and effortless grace not to mention the black hair and white streak. I *still* want the black hair and white streak :)

RIP Yvonne.



5 comments:

Karen R said...

Didn't realize she played Moses' wife, also, but now that I think about it, I recognize the voice. Haven't seen the Munsters in a while - wonder if they'll hit the reruns again?

Paula Hubert said...

I bet they will, Karen... and I didn't know *everything* she'd done, but I had picked up the bit about her being Moses' wife.

Hilary Syddall said...

They re-run the Munsters quite a bit on the digital channels here in the UK - I didn't see it when I was younger so I am rather enjoying the re-runs (we watched the Adam's Family instead)

Melissa Hicks said...

When I was a kid in rural Australia, we had one commercial TV channel and the ABC (our govt-run one). It was only in 1990 that the infrastructure was in place that all over Australia you can now get all five of our free-to-air channels. The channel I had (for my part of the country) had the Munsters. I didn't see an episode of the Adamms family until I was in Uni.

Although re-runs are not on our free-to-air for either program, I believe they are both available on Pay-TV (for those who can get it!!!)

Melissa Hicks said...

Hmmm - I might see if they are available on DVD and add them to my wish list :)

Post a Comment