Friday 5 January 2007

Peaceful Evening






Ever had one of those times in your life when you had something enjoyable that slowly wasn't enjoyable - until you really didn't want to do it any longer, but even then you still did it anyway?

Well today after a long time I worked *why* I really didn't enjoy doing that thing anymore. So I stopped. And I've contacted the people involved and told them and posted back the stuff that was involved.

It was only a little thing - only taking up a few hours each week - but in the hours since I made the decision and acted on it, I've felt happy. Peaceful.

I just had my dinner/tea/night-time meal of grilled salmon steak with sauteed red capsicums (bell peppers to you heathens) and broccoli. I ate it out on my balcony, in the slowly gathering dusk, with the warm weather and cooling breeze and two cockatoos eating at the feeders station two feet from where I was sitting eating my meal.

I honestly believe that one of the most peaceful and zen meals I've ever had ....







11 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Wow, what an evening....food sounds great and the outdoor scene, oh fab! Winter sucks. They predict MINUS 12 in the next week or so. Are *they* nuts??

Natalie Mikesell said...

Sounds wonderful Mel :) Sometimes you just have to do things for yourself!!

Paula Hubert said...

MINUS 12?????????? Uh - wow, not supposed to be that cold (even after the conversion!) here!

But to get back on topic; Mel - it sounds like a wonderful evening and a wonderful meal. Good for you that you did something that made you feel better!

Donna Williams said...

What a wonderful sounding evening, Mel. I always have to remind myself that our seasons are opposite, since I'm sitting here with a space heater and lap blanket, trying to keep my feet warm. LOL

I think sitting that close to cockatoos that would be such a novelty...

Claire EJ said...

It's so weird to think of ! Hot, hot , hot down there and so damned cold over here!

Melissa Hicks said...

Teegs it *was* nice to have the wildlife so close by :) The birdseed mix I put out is specifically designed for the small parrots - the Lorikeets, superb parrots etc - NOT the Cockatoos! One of the ingredients in the mix is while corn kernels - the cockatoos obviously didn't like these - they kept throwing them at me all through the meal :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Actually the scary thing is that its not *that* hot - we seem to have spent the last fortnight enjoying the missing Spring weather. Spring - in January ?????

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Nate! Its been a couple of days now and I'm still perfectly fine with the decision - so I *know* it was the right decision to make :)

Claire EJ said...

Yup, definitely the right decision.

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks for all of your support ladies - even if you didn't quite know what I was talking about :)

Paula Hubert said...

We didn't need to know exactly what you were talking about - the whole tone of your post made it perfectly clear you'd done the right thing!

And we're having spring weather in January, too - so weird all over!

Post a Comment