Sunday 27 April 2008

Just to off set all my latent cyncism ....

here are three very sweet blog posts I just read all in a row .....

http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2008/04/sweet-surprise-of-strawberries.html

http://www.websnark.com/archives/2008/04/i_know_the_thou.html

http://ursulav.livejournal.com/766424.html


Feeling lonely?  who me?  Nah - figment of your imagination  I'll be back to ranting about why School Holidays should be banned and how Barbie (tm) is a symbol of the complete corruption and degradation of our "civilisation" tomorrow.

8 comments:

Rosanne Derrett said...

I'm in complete agreement about Barbie. Disney is another that bugs me and as for the corruption of Christmas, well is another rant entirely! I am a fully fledged cynic and proud of it!!!

Melia Suez said...

As a person who has a wonderful but rather unromantic hubby and who used to have a wonderful AND romantic boyfriend, romantic stories make me lonely too...I know, I know I shouldn't complain since at least I do have the one but still...

Melissa Hicks said...

Well I do have a wonderful and romantic friend - he's just on the other side of the country .....

Melia Suez said...

Ugh.

Melissa Hicks said...

We're hoping to get the geography sorted out and be in the same city eventually, but that is realistically looking like taking a couple of years.

Unless one of us finds someone local first - he's done that to me before :)

Melia Suez said...

Well at least you have hope. For OSO and I to have a relationship again requires a change of mind for his wife...not very likely.

Melissa Hicks said...

I felt like that when in the same situation a number of years ago now. He was and still is the person I cared for more than anyone else .... but life moves on. There *are* other people out there. As as you say, at least you still have DH. I lost OSO and DBF within a couple of months of each other. It was a rather difficult time :) But one I got through and have moved on from.

Melia Suez said...

Though I whine and carry on, I am slowly accepting that life does go on. Doesn't mean I miss him any less. I'm spend more time in the now than looking back which is an improvement.

Post a Comment