Sunday 27 April 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Well believe it or not, I have been plodding along with my stitching .... I just can't show much of it :)

Finished here is another of the Subversive Cross Stitch Anti Valentine patterns.  This is for Stephen's birthday in a fortnight's time.  As well as the humour in sending a "not nice" sentiment - there is also personal meanings attached to this one ... his blogname has Teddy bears in the title, so he is my Teddybear!  He even txted me at 6:30am this morning my time with the message "Do you know where your Teddybear is?".  The answer was going to bed finally after watching Cricket all night :)

The teddy bear is pink because he's naked and also to highlight my abhorrence of the colour :) :)

In other stitching news, I finished Part 3 of BoInk and some more of the border, but you will have to wait another week or so before I can show the pictures.

And finally the gift I completed and took to the framers is back.  Again I have taken pictures but cannot show them until the recipient receives it in the mail.

Oh speaking of which there are three outstanding RAKs I sent to the US over three weeks ago.  Anyone received anything and haven't gotten around to letting me know?

16 comments:

Julie Nemitz said...

Lovely Cross stitch Mel. I really like some of the subversive cross stitch stuff.

Natalie Mikesell said...

Can't wait to see part 3 of BoINK!! I love it so far. Those subversive cross stitch patterns are great!! LOL!

Nancy Murdock said...

Big tease, you tell us of all this wonderful stitching and then NO photos????

Melissa Hicks said...

That's me Nancy - world's greatest tease :)

Pics will be put up as soon as I can :)

kay jones said...

Disappointed but I guess I can wait .... although impatiently. Love the Valentine bear ........

Melissa Hicks said...

Lol !!! Considering how much grief you put me through when model stitching one of Lizzie's designs .....

You can wait m'dear !!!!!

kay jones said...

Who little old me???????????????

Melissa Hicks said...

PMSL !!!! Yes *you* !!!!

You can't fool me with that little frail old lady act !!!!!

Stephanie Flynn said...

Cute bear.....can't wait to see your other pieces when the recipients receive them.

Paula Hubert said...

Love the bear - and all the "anti" things behind the piece. Can't wait till you can share pictures of "the gift" :) and Boink, too!

Laura Landis said...

Wow, Mel, who knew you'd stitch CUTE! too funny. Hope your packages make it safely to their destinations. I'm totally impatient now that we've mailed ours out. I have some hopping the pond so I'll be waiting to hear from some for quite some time.

Melissa Hicks said...

I can do cute - look at the "How do I love thee" that Chele RAKed - its pink for goodness sake :) :)

I'm giving those parcels one more week and then I'm contacting the people individually .... I'm hoping they are not lost because that's three at once .....

And it can't be the International Post because Meg received hers nearly two weeks ago ....

Michele Anderson said...

I had a book mailed to me on March 27th and it arrived yesterday (April 28th), and it was from within the U.S. The mail just plain is the pits.

Paula Hubert said...

The mail can be so irritating - packages from me to Australia tend to go quicker than packages from Australia to me! I have one last one outstanding as well...

Mel - the tea smells just wonderful! I can't wait to have a cup tomorrow... have to work again tonight and forgot to grab the package and my infuser on the way out the door this morning!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well that's one down - only two left to go .....

And I'm glad it smells good - I just wished you had it *last* week when you needed a good cuppa :)

Paula Hubert said...

Ah well - best laid plans, right? :) But tonight will definitely be a treat - and cool enough to curl up on the sofa with a light blanket, a good cuppa and a book! :)

Post a Comment