Sunday 13 April 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Not much to report that hasn't already been reported.

Most stitching during the week has been on a present. Its a small present but it seems to be taking an inordinately long amount of time to get anywhere !!!!!

The weekend I did some more on BoInk.  As I'm doing BoInk on black, I'm finding I need to stitch on it when I'm fresh - so I've been stitching it on weekends instead of trying to cram a few stitches in on weeknights.

BoInk album is here: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/85

Also this week I picked up FireFlower from the framers.  I haven't managed to get a good pic yet - I think the batteries in my camera need changing or something  ....  Anyway pic is here: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Finished_pieces#133

I think that's it for me on the stitching front this week .......


14 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Ooh, Sparkly Barfy...I like it a lot.
If only my fabric would arrive so I could get going here!!

Claire EJ said...

Your framer is wonderful. I so wish mine hadn't retired. Really have no clue who or where to go to now and Aus is really the wrong side of the world to send my stuff out to be framed.

Melissa Hicks said...

LOL !!! I could just imagine it .... and the transpacific txts while I'm chatting to the framer and she's asking me questions .....

Oooh or you could send a cute blond over with the pieces - one I can keep for myself but they will know your tastes and preferences on the framing ....

Jennifer Wall said...

I like it so far.

Vamp Pam said...

Since I now know great stitchers, can somebody please tell me how to sew a button on a shirt?

Melissa Hicks said...

{ponders when the last time was I actually mended a piece of clothing} .... 1988 ????

Stitching is like anything else Vamp, there's doing it for pleasure, and then there's doing the chores!

Vamp Pam said...

Been going through the wardrobes lately and found the reason I don't wear half of the stuff is because buttons and buckles are missing or in a dangerous situation...

Lost the plot completely yesterday and sent a load of things to the charity shop. Let them sew the buttons on lol

Claire EJ said...

Just cos I stitch doesn't mean I repair...I'd sooner let the clothing drop off than sew a button on...I have a sewing machine but it's not for clothes!

Shawn Medrano said...

I love your look for BoINK Mel!! Looks great!! :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Sounds like you've regained the plot to me! I do that on a regular basis - there's not much in my wardrobe that I don't wear on a weekly basis .....

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks Shawn !!!!

Paula Hubert said...

I could have sworn I left you a comment telling you how much nI liked your sparklies... but since it's not here, I'll repeat it. I love the sparklies in your choices!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks sweetie - you probably left thje comment in the actual album instead of the blog ....

Michele Anderson said...

Paula, I thought the same thing! I could of sworn I left a comment! But Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous and oh so sparkly!! Love it!

Post a Comment