Friday 4 April 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Yes after a long long wait - I actually have a Sunday update this week !!!!

For those that can access - I have pics of Lothario in his folder - he looks soooo well - so well fed and happy! Especially compared to his first picture !!!!

I received a gorgeous present from Mariann this week.  A great chart, inspired by Karen, charted by Mariann - and then she sent me a personalised version just for me :) :)

Also I have finally uploaded my latest finish in my 2008 Finished Photos.  Be warned this is a Subversive Cross Stitch chart and is *not* child friendly !!!!

EDITED and added to on 6 April: SUNDAY !!!!

Debbie, Denise and I had a fun trip to Katoomba yesterday. Pics here for those who can see them ....

While there, Debbie Denise and Karen (proprietor of Stitching Post ex Dragonflydreams) helped me to find just the colours I was imagining for Tracy's Mystery, Book of Ink Circles.  Pics of the various floss tosses and the final choice here.

Lets see what else, oh my new favourite artist is putting out a limited edition print of an artwork to help pay her tax bill this year.  I went shopping :)

And finally, the most important thing - I have been stitching !!!  I have finished my section on Claire's RR.  Pic of whole project so far is here. Close up of the bit I did is here.

Now that I have my stitching mojo back, I'll finally start BoInk tonight and try and get caught up on that before the next RR is due to be posted out :) :)

15 comments:

Melissa Hicks said...

Whoops posted tooo early - oh well - will update on Sunday with some actual stitching I hope !!!!!!

Jim Westlake said...

That I must see. Subversive cross stitching indeed! Next you'll be telling us that there's subliminal messages hidden in the stitching!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Have a look here:

http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/71/2008_Finished_pieces#5

and here:

http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/69/Presents_and_RAKs_2008#16

There is absolutely *nothing* subliminal or even subtle about it :) :) :)

Claire EJ said...

Nope, not subliminal, not subtle, the kind of stuff the Vamp would appreciate! LOL.

Looked at the boy, amazing how living with Alison has changed him so much, I'm kvelling!

Sunday?? hate to burst yer bubble, but it's Friday...maybe that's good...you still have two days before work! :)

Melissa Hicks said...

As I said - I hit "publish" too early. I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget these bits when I posted on Sunday ..... oh well. You can't retract a post back to draft status *after* its been published ....

BTW took the pic of the kooka today :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Mum's here now :) :) And we are already playing show and tell with patterns, flosses magazines etc .....

Paula Hubert said...

Whew - I'm an hour behind my normal time zone, but I couldn't quite figure out how it was Sunday in Australia already! LOL

Hi Denise! {waves madly}

Claire EJ said...

LOL..poor old Paula...it's usually me who's utterly confuzzled.

Hugs to Denise and to Debbie tomorrow..you kids have fun:)

Couldn't resist teasing you about today being Friday:) After all, if Jim has to put up with being teased, it's time I directed it back to someone else!

Karen R said...

I was a weensy bit lost, thinking I'd missed this for an entire week, but then I saw the date on it in teeny tiny letters - whew! Lothario looks wonderful!!!!

Hi, Denise!!! I'm making a bookmark for my mom on that gorgeous banding you RAK'd me with - it's going to be very nice, if I do say so myself :) Hopefully a pic on Monday....

Melissa Hicks said...

We had lots of fun and I've actually accomplished some stitching too !!!

Both Debbie and Mum are safely home again and I believe their minds weren't warped too much with all three of us being in the one space :) :)

I've updated this blog entry with the rest of the Sunday update .....

Karen R said...

Taxman is very cool; well, not cool, exactly, but you know what I mean! I don't owe $3K, but I owe - we owe every year, even with all these "write-offs" living here. That's the curse of trying to live within your means.

Claire EJ said...

I kind of like Taxman, but not enough to buy him or help Ursula out LOL

Melissa Hicks said...

I bought Taxman and Envy and Hamster Heartbreak. Prints only. Found out today that Stephen had bought the original artwork of Envy !!!

Isn't that kewl or what ???

Claire EJ said...

Now that is incredibly kewl...you two are so in sync!

Paula Hubert said...

It looks and sounds like a great trip. And what happy serendipity to find out that S bought the same piece :)

Post a Comment