Saturday 26 July 2008

Bad Mel went shopping ....

Picture This Plus is having a 25% off all stock in the store one day sale .....

I didn't spend as much as I was expecting on my hair and clothes for Monday's interview so I went a little calculated nutso with some stash shopping ......

NN1311 Apple Blosson Green, NN : 1
Because I need it for a pattern and I can't find the original NN anywhere ....

SamplersPink Azalea : 1
SamplersRoyal Purple : 1
SamplersSugarplum : 1
SamplersDeep Sea : 1
SamplersDark Chocolate : 1
For My Big Toe Design "Eat the Chocolate"

SamplersBlack Raspberry Jam : 4
For Midsummer Night Design: Medieval Mermaid

JJ Size 26 : 1 : 2.25
JJ Size 28 : 1 : 2.35
DMC Labels : 1 : 1.55
Because I can :)

fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Crystal Gothic : 1
For Susan Saltzgiver Designs: Is it my eyes

fat 1/4 Cashel 28, Crystal Carnival : 1
For Dragonfly Lane: Inquisitive Dragon

fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Carnival : 1
For Fanta Cat: Spirit Within

fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Fog : 1
For Cross Eyed Kat: Snowfight Blue
and Cross Eyed Kat: Snowfight Red

fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Crystal Relic : 1
For Stitching Pretty Presents: Eloquent Christmas

fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Tarnish : 1
fat 1/8 Cashel 28, Echo : 1
WeeksGalvanized : 1
WeeksBark : 1
WeeksMoonglow : 1
WeeksMascara : 1
WeeksPebble : 1
WeeksWhite Lightning : 1
WeeksOnyx : 1
All for Moonflower designs Shadows

12 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

Shouldn't you stash that away for TGGT (evil Moonyminion wonders...) :-D

Quite the haul, Mel! You certainly ARE kitting up lots of things!!!

Shawn Medrano said...

Great stashing Mel!! I need to figure out which fabric I want to get for Pirate Treasure Map........will have to look tonight when we get back from Charleston. :)

Melissa Hicks said...

It was all 25% off - it really wasn't *that* much money ..... I think I spent almost as much on the dinner and movies out with Alison tonight!

Mariann Mäder said...

great stashing in any case! And it's nice you spent money on your friend :-) She deserves it for looking after Trubs :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

We went out to dinner at a Thai place - very very good food!

Its always a delight to take a chance on a new place and find the food is cooked superbly and in good quantities!

Then we went to the movies - Saturday night - the prices are horrendous - $16.50 each !!!!

What's even scarier is the movie was worth it! See next blog post for details .... or at least gibbering ...

Sisu Lull said...

Ahem. (tapping foot). If you spend yourself out of TGGT, I will have to save for a trip to Australia to flay you personally young lady.
OK, responsible adult hat off now.
Sounds like a great haul! $16.50 is a little steep. Are there any less expensive theaters in the area? Our 2 biggest in Kalamazoo are vastly different in prices. One is more than double the prices of the other.

Melissa Hicks said...

You know that would almost be worth it - except for the pain in the flaying .....

$16.50 is the usual./standard price for movie tickets these days.

With our work and commuting schedules Alison and I cannot get to the Tuesday night cheap nights - so basically we treat this as well a treat! An occasional outing only to movies that we *really* think we need to see at the cinema. If it can wait for DVD then it will.

Karen R said...

Great stashing!!! I looked around, but I just bought two ginormous pieces of Silkweaver's fabric last week, when Days Gone By was the color of the week and 20% off, and that pretty much blew my budget for the next while. But Celtic Banner and MTM will both have their fabric now :) I can't wait to see your start on Eat the Chocolate!! Though I would still have to have one that says Ice Cream instead :)

$16.50 - wow! Though I've only been to a movie at night once in the last several years, when we took the Big Kid to see 300 in IMAX for his b-day; I usually go to the first showing on Sunday morning - cheaper and the place is usually all mine, so I can hear and see everything with no distractions... And our local Thai place closed :( WWWAAAHHHHHH!!!

Rosanne Derrett said...

I will say only this - it is just as expensive here (plus parking charges) but I have a little card that lets me in reduced rate to any cinema. Most it is half price. Ducking and running.......

Great stashing Mel and Good Luck with the interview

Jodie Hill said...

I think I'm glad I missed the sale... I'm pretty broke now anyway... although I would like to eventually get some of their fabric to try!

Laura Landis said...

Great stashing, Mel! We get lucky here. During the week we can go to the movies for $5/person. Otherwise it's $12/person.

Paula Hubert said...

Schedules often keep us from seeing most things in the theater, too. We've discovered, though, the same thing that Karen has - usually first shows on Sundays are usually empty! And the matinee prices are pretty good, too.

Post a Comment