Wednesday 16 July 2008

S.E.X ..... or Holiday Adventures continuing

Well after yesterday's washout ... seriously it rained all day so I was a wuss and stayed home and read and stitched a little and caught up on webcomics ....

Last night was good.  Met Stephen after work and went out for dinner and the movies.  Saw Hancock - very interesting movie.  Everything in the adverts is taken care of in the first part of the movie and I was literally left with,well where is the movie going to go from here .... it can't be over yet?  and it took a severe left turn into uncharted territory and moved from a light comedy into a serious drama piece .... left me feeling a little strange as it is a movie that kinda purported to be one thing but changed into something else.

It was interesting and I do recommend going to see it on cheap night at the cinema.

Today I was up and out of the door before Stephen and actually found my way to the bus stop, got off at the right stop, bought a train ticket, caught the right train and got off at the right stop all by myself. {1}  I even had enough time to pick Janine up a bunch of flowers en route.

Had a ball visiting Janine and her family for around 5 hours ish .... After seeing her lovely home and some of the completed projects on her walls (her version of St Sophia is stunning and then framing is oh so simple but oh so effective) !!!

I was allowed to play in the shop .....  two hours later I dragged myself away from the charts for lunch.  An hour or so after that I whittled down the pile to my budget (plus 50%).  I didn't even really get a chance to look through the smaller charts or the fabrics or the flosses yet ....  maybe next visit {evil grin}

I bought:

a darling pair of tabby cat embroidery scissors
1 skein Dinky dyes Emerald
1 skein Dinky Dyes Topaz
Enchanting Lair Dragonsheart
Enchanting Lair Irish Fields Hand dyed fabric for Dragons Heart design
JBW Designs French Country Cat
JBW Designs French Country Love
The Workbasket Rabbit Roundel
Midsummer Night Designs Medieval Mermaid
Dinky Dyes Designs Kitty Love
Dinky Dyes Designs Harvest Time
ByGone Stitches Eloquent Christmas
My Big Toe Eat the Chocolate
My Big Toe The Looking Glass
Dracolair Creations Knotwork Winter

Then Janine very very kindly took me to a local shopping centre so I could get some more cash for the train {2} and then dropped me back at the train station.

I managed to get off at the right stop, find my way to a supermarket, stock up on various food items and then walk home all by myself.  Uphill.  With my backpack bulging with a gazillion kilos of food {3}. I figured I would be nice and cook dinner for Stephen seeing as he is exhausted {4}.  He's working hard and mentally exhausting himself at work, and then sharing his home and bed space with another person is throwing out all of his sleep patterns.

So I thought I would be nice and cook tonight.  I just couldn't decide what to cook, so I brought home ingredients for three separate meals.  Will figure it all out when he comes home ....

I'm off to fondle my stash some more and consider starting Dragonsheart .......





{1} Trust me this is a *major* achievement !!!!
{2} No its *not* because I spent all my money with her - Iused my credit card for her shopping, I was just short on actual cash after buying her some flowers as a present earlier in the day.
{3} OK a slight exaggeration
{4} No not for that reason{4a}
{4a} Yes I am serious - its not that!  {4b}
{4b} Yes I did wonder if I was losing my touch

30 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Oy, don't even think of starting something else right now. Get Faience out and stitch with me. Bad girl!

Fabulous day. Wonderful to be able to fondle charts and stuff and enjoy it all like that.

Tabby cat embroidery scissors?? They sound rather lovely . [Hmmph, they aren't on the website]

Melissa Hicks said...

{snicker snicker} Not everything is on her website yet .....

Claire EJ said...

Ok, I lust list looked at them all.
Love the Rabbit Roundel.Very me. Laura will go nuts for it too.
Love the Frame they used on Eat the Chocolate. Not so sure I like the designs though LOL.
On the Knotwork Winter...top right is my favourite. I do like all four though.

Claire EJ said...

hmmph

Rosanne Derrett said...

Naughty Mel (ok good Mel really). Love the mermaid but you shoud have said about Eat the Chocolate because I have the chart here and could have gotten the buttons as well!

Melissa Hicks said...

Yep - this was a *must* acquire for me. The fabric for these are Jobelan Babbling Brook. Floss list contains mainly DMC with added GAST Brethren Blue and GAST Tropical Ocean. Some DMC Rayon and Kreinik Silver used too ......

Melissa Hicks said...

I'll take photos of the stash when I get home ....

Melissa Hicks said...

For some reason I thought Laura already had this one in her stash. Its a monochrome design using Caron;s Waterlillies in Periwinkle. If Janine had had enough of this thread in stock I would have bought that too ....

Melissa Hicks said...

There are buttons? damn forgot about the buttons. Oh well these will have to be ordered!

Its been in my Lust List for ages .....

Claire EJ said...

Go back to your list and mark them no longer lustable..or people may buy duplicates for you.
I adore the bunny...would look cute in one of the Waterlilies that Natalie sent to me.

Melissa Hicks said...

OK all marked and what colours did Nate send you? I can't remember .....

Claire EJ said...

Mulberry, Blue Lavender, Arabian Nights and Tropic Seas..
[152, 017, 170, 019]

Shawn Medrano said...

You got some lovely things Mel!!!!

Natalie Mikesell said...

What wonderful stash!!!

Michele Anderson said...

Awesome stashing!! Woo Hoo!

Natalie Mikesell said...

The Babbling brook that Knotwork winter calls for (Claire Rak'd me with a copy :) ) Does not look like what they used on the model. The babbling brook that I have in my stash is a very pretty blue, but is very bold and not as faded as what they show on picture. I have been thinking that when I start this, I will need to use a different fabric. I thought that a very pale grey would look good. Let me know what you decide.

Paula Hubert said...

Yummy stashing! I'm glad you had such a good day!

Karen R said...

Wow, great stashing!!!! Love Harvest Time and the Knotwork Winter, myself! Good stuff - jealous muchly to spend a whole day with stitchy stuff and stitchy person!!

Natalie - Confederate Grey maybe? I want to say I've seen a light grey called Pearl, too - only onscreen, not in person...

Liz Thomas said...

Is that light grey the China Pearl? I just ordered it and it is beauuuuutiful!! It's light enough that it accents whatever is stitched next to it and looks like a misty snow.

Liz Thomas said...

And, what a wonderful day and a great stash too!!

Natalie Mikesell said...

I have to say that I am love China Pearl! That is the hand-dyed by zwigart or Wilchelt. I was thinking of Zweigart's Pewter or Silkweaver's Silver Mist.

Melissa Hicks said...

Yeah I got that with the Enchanting Lair Dragonsheart. I bought both the chart and then Enchanting Lair fabric specifically dyed for it. The picture on the chart looks like a pale pastel green. The actual fabric is bright bright bright grass green.

I was going to purchase one of Janine's own hand-dyed fabrics the right muted colour but forgot to and then ran out of time and money ...

Melissa Hicks said...

Ooooh yes !!! using Blue Lavender on Wizard's Inkwell and I am adoring its colouring !!! It would indeed work wonderfully for Rabbit Roundel.

Melissa Hicks said...

I'm getting a piece of Silkweaver's Silver Mist in with my next monthly fabric pack. When it arrives I'll let you know what it looks like .....

Janine Smith said...

It was lovely having you here Mel. Jacob and I enjoyed your company so much. You are welcome again and as I say to all my friends it is not a requirement to shop when you come to visit. LOL BTW The flowers are gorgeous. Some of the nicest carnations I have seen in a long time and the smell transported me back to my days of living in Geraldton.

Mariann Mäder said...

Oh dear, Janine, how could one possibly RESIST?

I don't think anyone who is a stitcher and visits you would buy anything just out of friendship, LOL! We'd do it because we're obsessed with stash and of course because it's even nicer to buy from someone we know and love!

Lori M. said...

Great stashing Mel! I bet you can't wait to play with it all!!!

Sisu Lull said...

Dragon Heart and Knotwork Winter were my faves, although I like the mermaid too as it is 'different'.
Congrats on the successful round trip commute, LOL. I am always paranoid on mass transit systems that I will get off at the wrong stop.
On fabric, all I can add is that both blue and green tend to wander into the non-photo light spectrum, so that could well be why the models appear to be on lighter fabric.
Which is why I almost never buy the suggested fabric, LOL.

Nancy Murdock said...

Love the Chocolate one (on wish list already) and Knotwork Winter!! Sounds like the perfect day too!

Twana Bentley said...

What fun, lots of stash!

Post a Comment