Thursday 14 August 2008

Lothario Update

For Claire from Alison:

Some background - Bandit (Alison's other cat) has long hair so Alison feeds her Hairball kibble/bikkies.  The hairball kibble has a higher percentage of oils in them and Lothario has been gorging himself on them alone, and not touching his own diet kibble.  Alsion had been mixing the two and Lothario had been picking out the Hairball to eat and not touching his own Diet Kibble.  So yesterday, instead of mixing the two sets of kibble, Alsion has started to feed them separately - Lothario now *only* gets Diet kibble. 

Hmmm owed?  Since when are hugs owed ????

Lothario?? Well he’s a bit of a bastard, smooched beautifully on my lap before latching onto my hand with his teeth.  So I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, he bit harder, I grabbed harder, he let go & I dropped him onto the floor with little gentleness.

Jane does call him evil …. He’s on a diet now, still can’t believe he’s only 600g heavier than Bandit. He’s not hugely impressed, but after 24 hours decided he would eat the bickies offered. He still snaffles Bandit’s bickies if he can, so a sharp eye is kept on him whilst bickies remain in Bandit’s bowl. He has settled down somewhat re Bandit, the need to fight with her has reduced, so the scuffles now & again rather than on sight every time.

He still hasn’t worked out how to play with my younger dog, Lothario’s 6kg & Charlies 25kg still seems a problem. Mind they are highly entertaining to watch, the cat swipes the dog’s wagging tail & gets nosed big time (tipped over a number of times!) for his trouble! How Charlie hasn’t worn a number of significant scratches on his nose or face courtesy of the cat I will never know.

Lothario’s  redeeming features remain his sheer entertainment value, his liking for my lap & a most magnificent purr!! Claire I will claim your hug from Mel as well as what is owed most happily!

8 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

He's really a bit special that cat! I know how clever they can be with their dry food. I'm feeding the hairbal version to both of mine, because Söckli has long hair. In fact I've only started on it recently and I've seen her spitting out hairballs more often.

There's no way I could feed them separate stuff! They don't care from which bowl they eat, just the one they get to the quickest.

I like the story about the dog! Good on Charlie that he can avoid those scratches on the nose, LOL!

Karen R said...

Glad to hear he's doing very well, and keeping his new housemates entertained :)

Paula Hubert said...

Well, talk about coming out smelling like a rose! I'm glad to hear he's doing so well.

Michele Anderson said...

It is now officially the 15th by you -soooo Happy Birthday!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thank you Chele !!!!!!

Claire EJ said...

Lovely to read a Lothy update, thanks to you both :)
So glad he's found such a wonderful home.

Hugs can be owed...after all, I must owe some of you a few hundred by now :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Alison says: Its not Charlie being clever, its more that both cats don't bother ....

Rosanne Derrett said...

Lucky Lothario - he certainly fell on his paws! He looks the picture of health and few extra kilos never hurt a cat........

Post a Comment