Thursday 21 August 2008

Right one last time

One last attempt at this and then I'm giving up ......

Well things are coming together ... well more to the point I think I've arranged everything I *can* arrange at this point in time.

  • Trubs is down with mum now.
  • Car is roadworthy and ready to go.
  • I have all the guff to do my taxes and they will be done and paid for before I go.
  • I have everything I need (birth certificate, proof of quals etc) for the new job.
  • I have a place to move to and have paid first four weeks rent. Bond will be paid Saturday.
  • I have arranged telephone and amenities to be connected to the new place.
  • I have arranged house cleaner and carpet cleaner for the old place after I'm gone.
  • I have somewhere to sleep for the few days after furniture is collected before I finish work.
  • I am waiting to see which removalist has been selected and how much I have to pay.
  • I am waiting on the collection/delivery dates to be confirmed.
  • I will then arrange disconnection of phone and amenities to old place.
  • I still need to actually pay all these above services.
  • I still need to finish tidying the contents of my house and deciding what to take and getting rid of the items I'm not.
My birthday was a bit of a fizzer due to the Fri-Mon being taken up with a lot of the above stuff.  But that was expected.  My mum came to visit which was great.  A lot of things are so much easier when you have a second person around to give a hand, or even venture an opinion.  Mum is great for that!  She went home yesterday for a rest I think.

One other lovely present I *did* receive was an external hard-drive from .  He pre-loaded it with most of my favourite music and still has enough space left over that I can backup the entire contents on my PC before the move too.  Such a thoughtful lovely gift and not something I would have considered doing myself.

OK lunch is over - back to the grindstone .....

No comments:

Post a Comment