Tuesday 26 August 2008

Mum

In other news my Mother!  Yes Denise!

Mum hurt herself last Friday - put her back out.  Let me know on Saturday than it was fine and she would visit the Chemist for some extra painkillers but it would fix itself.

Last night after Stephen was on his way home I rang mum to find out she hadn't been able to sit for the entire weekend because if she did she wouldn't be able to stand up again.  She had a neighbour come in every morning and evening to set her fire and keep feeding wood into it for her to keep her house warm!

Why did mum not tell me this?  Because she's a mother!  She knew I would have gone haring off down the 4 hour drive and spent the weekend with her (Stephen would have been dragged along too) and *she* wanted me to spend my time working on my own issues and spending time with Stephen.

Mothers!  This is such classic mother behaviour!

She managed to obtain an emergency slot in the chiropractors scheduled last night and she's got another visit scheduled on Thursday and she if off work for the rest of the week.

I'll be heading down that way as soon as I can - probably Saturday or Sunday and spending a few days before heading on to Melbourne.

14 comments:

Rachel Cox said...

Hope she feels better soon! Poor thing!

Karen R said...

Yikes!!! Hope she gets it worked out QUICK!! And you know she had the best of intentions - personally, I like to share the pain :)

Anita B said...

Oh, hugs going to Denise - that sounds painful! Hope she's already getting better and keeps on improving. And yep, that's "classic mom" behavior!

Melissa Hicks said...

She *is* definitely feeling better - but its going to be a while before she feels *good* (if that makes sense?)

I'll be down there as soon as I can finish up work, hand over the house keys and get the car moving ....

Rosanne Derrett said...

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Back injuries take an age to settle even with treatment. She didn't tell you because, being your mother, she knew how stressed you were and that this would have tipped you over the edge.

Natalie Mikesell said...

Tell Mum I hope she feels better soon!!!

Mariann Mäder said...

Good that you have a few days to spend and help! Mothers tend to just give and never take, don't they?

((((((((((((((Denise)))))))))))))))))))

Get better soon, Denise! I hate to see people in pain!

Melissa Hicks said...

And she's even now arguing with me about me getting down there as soon as I can!

Don';t drive if you are tired - finish up what you are doing there first - don't hurry down because of me - I'll be fine by the weekend anyway!

Mothers !!!!!!

Claire EJ said...

yeah Mothers..give her a big hug from me but make sure it doesn't cause any further pain....{{{Denise}}}

Sisu Lull said...

As a mother I can say....um...yeah, we are like that, LOL. I hope yours gets better soon and we 'see' her smiling face again.

Paula Hubert said...

LOL That's definitely mother behavior at its finest! But I hope she's feeling much better.. back problems are so difficult!

Melissa Hicks said...

I don't think she is on the computer much at the moment because that requires sitting .... but I will definitely pass on all of your collective thoughts and wishes - even if I have to read them off the screen when I get there :)

Anita B said...

Hope she's feeling a bit better today, Mel. Still sending lots of gentle hugs her direction!

Nancy Murdock said...

I am trying to catch up, hope your mum is doing much better!!!

Post a Comment