Sunday 3 August 2008

What a Birthday Present....

Some guy over on LJ arranged THIS for his girlfriend's birthday ....

I am truly gobsmacked - what an awesome present!

Some of the components are a little creepy - but that just shows how true to form it is for what it is intending to be .....

Its my birthday in a fortnight's time - somehow I don't think I'd be expecting anything like this {grin}

Though I would consider commissioning the artist for a Jules Verne version if I had any money to spare ....  methinks however, this was done as a labour of love for the lady in question.

EDITED:  I was wrong.  I looks like a straight commissioned piece.  Here's the artists' site in question http://alexcf.com/   Pardon me while I drool ....


7 comments:

Hilary Syddall said...

Wow - one heck of a gift!

Mariann Mäder said...

Quite a thoughtful gift!

Interesting that you would choose Jules Verne for yours :-) I never knew you were into his books.

Mariann Mäder said...

That said, last year I got about 16 Sirius/Remus stories all for me! One friend had some others write up stories for my 50th birthday as a gift! I was flattened!

Doesn't always have to be a boyfriend to come up with such special gifts...

Karen R said...

That's pretty cool!! I wonder where all the old boxes and bottles came from?? That took some serious thoughts....

kay jones said...

Very interesting gift. A bit different from flowers and chocs although those wouldn't go amiss!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Never said it did :) That's what friends are for :)

And yes Jules Verne was my favourite author when I was a child and the recent surge of Steampunk has brought him back to mind. I'm going to be rereading a lot of his books over the next little while ......

Melissa Hicks said...

Chocolate *never* goes amiss !!!!! Speaking of which, I'd better get that bowl of coco pops if I'm going to have breakfast this morning .....

Post a Comment