Wednesday 20 August 2008

Stuff

Well things are coming together ... well more to the point I think I've arranged everything I *can* arrange at this point in time.

  • Trubs is down with mum now.
  • Car is roadworthy and ready to go.
  • I have all the guff to do my taxes and they will be done and paid for before I go.
  • I have everything I need (birth certificate, proof of quals etc) for the new job.
  • I have a place to move to and have paid first four weeks rent. Bond will be paid Saturday.
  • I have arranged telephone and amenities to be connected to the new place.
  • I have arranged house cleaner and carpet cleaner for the old place after I'm gone.
  • I have somewhere to sleep for the few days after furniture is collected before I finish work.
  • I am waiting to see which removalist has been selected and how much I have to pay.
  • I am waiting on the collection/delivery dates to be confirmed.
  • I will then arrange disconnection of phone and amenities to old place.
  • I still need to actually pay all these above services.
  • I still need to finish tidying the contents of my house and deciding what to take and getting rid of the items I'm not.
My birthday was a bit of a fizzer due to the Fri-Mon being taken up with a lot of the above stuff.  But that was expected.  My mum came to visit which was great.  A lot of things are so much easier when you have a second person around to give a hand, or even venture an opinion.  Mum is great for that!  She went home yesterday for a rest I think.

One other lovely present I *did* receive was an external hard-drive from Stephen.  He pre-loaded it with most of my favourite music and still has enough space left over that I can backup the entire contents on my PC before the move too.  Such a thoughtful lovely gift and not something I would have considered doing myself.

OK lunch is over - back to the grindstone .....

9 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Nice gifty! very thoughtful and very useful!
Glad you are getting it all sorted out so well there..been thinking of you:)

Heading back to my backstitching [grins].

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

Glad to hear things are falling into place

Karen R said...

Well, any monumental task that can be broken down into bullet points is much easier to get through :) Glad to hear things are falling into place! Great gift - I really ought to invest in one myself for backup - it's on my ever-growing ought-to-do list.... I can't wait until you get settled!

Paula Hubert said...

Congrats on making such good progress on getting everything sorted and accomplished. For me, the decision about what to get rid of is alwas the hardest. {sigh}. I'm sure you'll be much better at it.

The hard drive is a lovely gift - and so useful! I have one, and while I haven't backed up my whole laptop, I did make a point of making backups of all of my photos and charts. :)

Nancy Murdock said...

Sounds like all the ducks are in a row and ready to swim!!! This should be a really exciting time for you.

Sisu Lull said...

Glad to hear it is moving along as it should Mel. I might be on a short vacation when you move, so I hope it all goes well.

Anita B said...

I'm so glad things are finally falling into place for you, Mel - hope the move goes very smoothly!

kay jones said...

All sounds very well organised. I do hope things go smoothly.

Great birthday pressie and who knows, there could be more to come eventually

Natalie Mikesell said...

That is a really thoughtful gift from Stephen! Are you getting excited about the move and new position?

Post a Comment