Friday 10 October 2008

If you're happy and you know it .....

... you've just seen a Brendan Frasier movie :) :)

After stressing about my finances for weeks I finally had had enough today, put off a couple of bills until next pay and went shopping!

Presents for Mariann, Kay and Claire are finally paid for (they've all been arranged for a while). Another present for someone else is now at the framers.

I've had my hair done and fell asleep while waiting for the colour to go through.  This one is classed as a business expense.  Its hard to be an effective supervisor and attend high level committee meetings with a skunk stripe!

Food shopping has been done.

And finally I said to heck with it all and treated myself!

I went to the local Pankcake Parlour which has Buckwehat pancakes (Buckwheat depite the name is not a type of wheat at all and does not contain gluten) So I had the early bird dinner special - then I had dessert :)

Then I went and saw Joutrney to the Centre of the Earth 3D!

Yep with the 3D glasses on.  Over the top of my normal glasses.

Wow.

3D has come a loooooong way since the cardboard red and green cellophane things we had int he 1980s.

It was such a cooooooool movie !!! OK the 3D effects were awesome!  The CGI was awesome.  Brendan Frasier was .... Brendan Frasier!

The girlie in the pic saves their arses sooo often and is the most intelligent one of them all :)  Even if she is blonde and bounces well :)

OK OK the plot was predictable (even if you haven't read the book) and significant plot points were spelled out with a sledgehammer across the head so the 8 year olds could follow it.  But that's the nature of it - it *was* a film for the 8 year olds!

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've thoroughtly enjoyed my entire outing - including driving home in the dark for the first time since I arrived in Melbourne ....

All I need now are a few orgasms to finish off the night - but seeing as that isn't going to happen - I might go work on BoInk for a while ......


And start stressing over what I've done to my finances tomorrow.

13 comments:

Janine Smith said...

Hmmmmm I could make a comment on the last bit........Anyway I am so glad you enjoyed your night out.

Melissa Hicks said...

Awww go on - I dare you!

Rosanne Derrett said...

Take equal parts Kahlua, Amaretto and Vodka. Add double cream (lots) and shake well with lots of crushed ice. There you you lots of orgasms - Screaming Orgasms!

Melissa Hicks said...

There's another kind?

Paula Hubert said...

Glad you enjoyed dinner and the movie.. although I'm NOT going to pass along the rave review to J - it's still not a movie that's calling to me! LOL

Happy Weekend!

Rosanne Derrett said...

Even better when the neighbours come knocking to see if you are OK!

Melissa Hicks said...

I had one partner, that as soon as his car pulled in my driveway the neighbours turned their music up really really loud !!!!!! Every time after the first time.

Donna Williams said...

Remind me again, what does that word mean? It's been over 8 years. I really, really need Claire to find me a single Brit who rides and has long hair...

vamp c said...

Orgasms? Buy shares in Duracell babes...lol

I am not a big fan of Brendan but I think I'll end up watching the movie anyway.

Melissa Hicks said...

Yes there's a running gag that I always need to buy more batteries :) :)

The novelty of the 3D definitely added something to the movie !!

Sisu Lull said...

Batteries? What for? Shower Massager does not run on batteries.

Nancy Murdock said...

Ok, these comments certainly went in a different direction than I thought!!! :-)

Melissa Hicks said...

Nancy, Look at *who* commented - would you expect anything else from the English gals ???? Not to mention Sisu {evil grin} ......

Post a Comment