Sunday 12 October 2008

Mel's Sunday Update

Wow its been a while since I did one of these.

Lets see - I've been working on BoInk.  I'm now two sections completed ahead of the rest of you and I have finally outlined the rest of the border.  Hope to spend some time filling in the border this afternoon.  Allowable pics here.

I have recently had two new finishes.  One is a gift and the other is Black Beauty.  Hope to get both Black Beauty and Something in Red framed soon.  Pics here.

I've updated the pictures of my Round Robin that's been going around.  Dragons have been stitched by Laura, Sisu, Lyne, Mariann and Claire.  Its now off to Denise, Karen and then Kay to finish off before coming home.  The ladies have done some fabulous stitching on this one - some great personalisation of threads at times too. Pics here.

I've received some gorgeous presents recently.  Held-over birthday presents and house warming presents.  Pics here.

Also for those interested, I've uploaded more pictures of Trouble, Hemingway, Alison's mob, my farewell from the old job and the last pics of the wildlife around my old home..  I've also started a new album and included some pics of the moving in ....

I think that's all for now.  I went stash diving this week and now have sooo many projects screaming at me I don't know which one to start first !!!  I'll get some more done on BoInk I think.  I'm starting to smell the finish coming, so another few weeks and it should be done. Maybe by the end of the month .....  then next start will definitely be Mariann's gift to me!

9 comments:

Karen R said...

Great update! I'm tired after seeing your move-in!

Melissa Hicks said...

LOL! Usually its the other way around - your updates make me feel tired every week:) :) :)

Twana Bentley said...

Yay for being ahead on BoInk! Do Trubs' buddies have names?

Melissa Hicks said...

The Teddy Bear is called Bill (cause that what we didn't pay that week) he's pure lambswool.

The Orang-outang is a puppet called Ook.

And the white Polar Bear is called Polar Bear. He/She hasn't told me their name yet :)

Twana Bentley said...

Ohhh, pure lambs wool, how nice! Trubs hasn't given him a haircut yet? My cat loved quality yarn, Bill would have went bald fast.

Paula Hubert said...

Great work on BoInk! I've been feeling the urge for a stash dive, but I really want to get some of the things I've been working on finished!

Melissa Hicks said...

Stash diving is bad - very bad. Especially when a chart from one pile, fabric from another pile and a floss pack that had been missing for months all turn up on your stitching couch at the same time when you are at work .... and its *not* one of the charts that has been screaming at me for the past week.

I started it last night.

Karen R said...

And it is...????? Way to leave us hanging :(

LOL

Melissa Hicks said...

Welll ... yes ....

Oh OK I'll take a picture tonight .....

Post a Comment