Friday 23 May 2008

More Soaping stuff

When I ordered the orange essential oil to finally get around to making my citrus soap, I also indulged and bought tester-sized bottles of two new frangrances.

Cedar and Saffron - Fragrant cedar is infused with the sensual smoky scents of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver, then topped with Eastern spices and a trace of white musk.



Spiced Mahogany - This deep, rich woody scent has notes of Italian Bergamot, Apple Wood and Tonka Bean to round out the darker, more sensuous Patchouli, Cedarwood, and Oakmoss. To keep this fragrance from smelling like a freshly cut wood floor, we've added spices of Cardamom, Vanilla Bourbon and allspice. Because of the Vanilla, this fragrance will discolor your soap but the resulting fragrance is one of sophistication and verve.

Do either of them take anyone's fancy?  Suggestions on which one I should use first ????




13 comments:

Nancy Murdock said...

I have always liked the smell of Patchouli, since way back in high school, since they both have it's a toss up, but I guess the Cedar and Saffron. Not sure about the vanilla and allspice.

Melissa Hicks said...

They *are* similar - I guess its the mood I was in at the time I ordered them :)

Hence why I'll see which sounds the more popular and I'll soap with that one first .....

Julie Nemitz said...

I'd love to smell the Spiced Mahogany. It sounds absolutely wonderful. But this soap will be for you, so use whichever one you want first. Or do two batches and use both, lol.

Sisu Lull said...

They both sound wonderful. The spiced mahogony sounds a little richer to me. I love rich, woody, scents. Very sensual and smoky. I am NOT at all into florals because they tend to be too perfumey and not at all like the actual flower.

Rachel Cox said...

The first sound fantastic - can almost smell it - hold it a little closer to the sceen! Ah yes heaven indeed!

Karen R said...

They both sound delish, but that Cedar & Saffron sounds right up my alley :)

Rosanne Derrett said...

Spiced mahogany please. I love the smell of wood shavings and the rest of the ingredients are right up my street too!

Vamp Pam said...

I can't decide... I want them both....:(

Hilary Syddall said...

Cedar and Saffron gets my vote!

Jodie Hill said...

Although they both sound wonderful, I think the Spiced Mahogany. It sounds very interesting and spicy...

Paula Hubert said...

I really like the sound of the Spiced Mahogany, too! The Cedar and Saffron sounds nice, but not necessarily something I'd care for for myself.

kay jones said...

They both sound good but I think Cedar and Saffron comes out on top

Lyne-Elizabeth Blodgett said...

Oh-the mahogany - use that first. It's my favorite wood!

Post a Comment