Wednesday 6 December 2006

Almost autumn - and Marc's first design



Hmm I happen to have here Carrie's latest thread "Almost Autumn". For those who can't see this pic, look in my photo album here.

I think this might work as an alternative to the DMC for Marc's Fire Flower design - which can be seen here. Now Marc's design is all in reds and golds, but I wonder if the green in this might give it a new flavour completely .... and the colours here aren't *that* dark - so they would still look outstanding on the black!

Thoughts anyone?



4 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Lovely colours in the thread. The name sounds perfect for the time of year it describes and the colours are just right. Dunno about stitching on black though, my eyes can't take it at all so I'd have to have a rethink but Marc's design is lovely and yes, the thread would work well.

Melissa Hicks said...

I've added the photo on the black background in the photo site - but I'm not sure how to link it here without deleting and retyping the post - so instead I will just direct you to the photo album: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/23

Marc Davis said...

WOW, I think that would work fantastically. Good choice... AND would add a new dimension to the design...BUT then isn't that what some designs are meant for? I'd love to see "Fire Flower" stitched in several different threads and fabrics.... I think that would be the ultimate in a compliment to any designer.

Melissa Hicks said...

Strange - I think Tracy has expressed similar sentiments {LOL}

I'll be doing this up in the Almost Autumn colours sometime early in the New Year ... as Claire has said it would change the "flavour" of the piece, but I think it will work nearly as well as the original .....

Post a Comment