Wednesday 13 December 2006

Meowy Christmas - Finished ready for framing




Finally - after many distractions and much tiredness - she's finished! She's even washed, ironed and ready for framing.


For those that can't see the pic here, its also in my KBK album and my finished album :)

I spent hours last night trying and trying to get the French knots to actually work - not to slide through the holes, not to be "weird lumpy things". Nothing worked - they looked horrible.

Tonight as soon as I got home from work, I removed them all (all four I had managed to make and hold) and I did the lot in beads instead. I'm tired so I kinda free-handed the bead placement and it shows {LOL}

The pattern has the French Knot placement on sides and in between stitches - and that's hard to do on Aida so I decided to wing it and make my piece unique :)

Hopefully by the time I get enough sleep that I'm not chronically tired and I can actually see how bad the bead placement is, I'll also have it framed and will then be too lazy to want to do them again :)

OK off to make dinner and continue with the house cleaning - actually seeing as I have the ironing board out - that might be tonight's chore ....




15 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

Very cute finish Mel :)

Karen R said...

Great finish - I like the beads! My little black kitty used to look like this one, before he became a senior :)

Karen R said...

Great finish - I like the beads! My little black kitty used to look like this one, before he became a senior :)

Karen R said...

Great finish - I like the beads! My little black kitty used to look like this one, before he became a senior :)

Karen R said...

HMMMM, Multiply must be sticky this morning - I hit Submit, and it did, 3 TIMES!!

Melissa Hicks said...

karen,

Its done that to me a few times lately too :)

Thanks for your comments ladies :)

Mariann Mäder said...

It's cute, Mel!

Paula Hubert said...

It's cute Mel, and I think the bead placement is fine. If you really don't like them down the road, though - what about colonial knots? I don't do French Knots; I sub colonials because I can do them and have them come out decently.

Melissa Hicks said...

I asked on the BAPXS list what a Colonial knot was and no-one answered me .....

Meowy Christmas was handed to the framers last night and he will be home *next* Thursday so I'll pick him up the day mum arrives :)

Claire EJ said...

http://www.serve.com/marbeth/colonial.html

Try this web site....and yes they did answer. Probably just lost in the Yahell.

Melissa Hicks said...

mmmm - a bit like my first attempt at replying to this post - lost in the ether !!!

I apologise I should have phrased my wording "I haven't yet seen a response" instead of just assuming there wasn't one.

Yahpoo sends my posts out 10 min, 6 hours or 48 hours after I write them, so I shouldn't be surprised that I get every one back ...

Thanks so much for the link - its explains things well - I might give that one a go next time I need to do a knot ....

Donna Williams said...

It's adorable, and the beads look fine. And I can see it in your blog!!! Don't know what magic Claire worked but she got me fixed!

Melissa Hicks said...

For goddess sake woman !!!
Make sure I'm sitting down before you come out with such earth-shattering news! I could have knocked Hector over, I was staggering around so much !!!!!!

Paula Hubert said...

LOL Was Trubby safely out of the way? But woo hoo for Teegs and Claire!

Claire EJ said...

Well f*ck me, it worked!!! I'm stunned. I couldn't even tell you what I did, just messed around...

Post a Comment