Sunday 24 December 2006

Mel's Sunday Update - Xmas Eve




Gosh we've been busy busy busy! Saturday I spent the morning working (ah blessed overtime) and then we went straight from there to Newcastle to a family do where mum caught up with a lot of her siblings and I caught up with a few of my cousins and met for the first time their partners and children !!! Some of which were nearly teenagers!!!

Got home very very late last night.

This morning was a leisurely breakfast and some fun with the digital camera (see Home and gardens album) followed by a systematic destruction of every corner nook and cranny of my home. To no avail. My TW Dragon re-start is just not here. He just didn't seem to make it over in the house move 4 months ago. I'll re-order some more fabric from Stitches 'n Spice when they reopen in the New Year - so this joint-listmum for the SAL will be a late starter !!!!

To cheer ourselves up this afternoon - we spent the afternoon listening to the blessed rain and stitching. As can be seen (both here and in the Livres Chat Rouge album) I finished the stack of books this afternoon. Off to start the backstitching around the stack of books now ....

Mum also started a new piece and I might be able to take pics of it later - she's too busy stitching now :)

MERRY XMAS EVE EVERYBODY !!!!!!!

OK pics of mum's stitching is now up in her album :)





9 comments:

Claire EJ said...

Pictures of Mum stitching ???

LCR looks great. I love the books. Wonder how it would look with purple floss and who the heck sells it.

So sorry about Dragski2.....sigh........big sigh at that. You will have to do the cheering on while the rest of us actually do some work on ours, sigh. Not the same.

Only about 1/2 an hour to Christmas for you, sooooo.....HAPPY CHRISTMAS MEL AND MUM! oh and Trouble and Hector too....

Melissa Hicks said...

Have edited post to show that we've now added pics of mum;s stitching in her album: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/20

Oh well Dragski 3 here we come - there's only about a weeks worjk on it at my stitching rate anyway until I'm where I was - I figure I'll find Dragski 2 as soon ass stithch just that teeny bit further on Dragski 3 {LOL} Have already ordered replacement fabirc - but wont receive it until 3 Jan at very earliest ....

It's an hour and a half :) Everyone sends back thanks and Merry Christmas and mrows and the scent of pine needles in return !!!!!!!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Have edited post to show that we've now added pics of mum's stitching in her album: http://gothtigger.multiply.com/photos/album/20

Oh well Dragski 3 here we come - there's only about a weeks work on it at my stitching rate anyway until I'm where I was - I figure I'll find Dragski 2 as soon as I stitch just that teeny bit further on Dragski 3 {LOL} Have already ordered replacement fabric - but wont receive it until 3 Jan at very earliest ....

It's an hour and a half :) Everyone sends back thanks and Merry Christmas and mrows and the scent of pine needles in return !!!!!!!!!

Claire EJ said...

Oh I'm just useless with time zones....I keep thinking 12 hours but it's not.....many happies for then...

Natalie Mikesell said...

Merry Christmas Mel :) So sorry to hear about Dragski! You must really love this pattern if you are willing to start him again!! :)

Claire EJ said...

It's the Castle. What's not to love?
I'm betting that as soon as Mel has a few stitches in, she'll find the restarted one....

Melissa Hicks said...

Not to mention that Claire might actually fly to Australia to do me bodily harm if I don't do this Dragon - seeing as I conned her into working on hers :)

And I'm betting my money that Dragski 2 turns up when Ive put about 10 stitches more in Dragski 3 than where I was up to with Dragski 2 - basically when it appears that it will be faster just to continue with Dragski 3 :) :)

Paula Hubert said...

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! I was too busy to get online at all over the weekend.. [pout]. So sorry to hear that your Dragski has gone AWOL just as soon as Claire has found hers!

Melissa Hicks said...

Actually mine's been missing for months - I just didn't want to admit it - and I figured he would turn up eventually. It now appears he didn't want competition from the birds so he decided not to come to this house when I moved {sigh}

Post a Comment