Wednesday 20 December 2006

Livres Chat Rouge - Anagram Diffusion



I first saw and fell in love with this design during the May 2006 Online Needlework Show. I had to have it, so I ordered it !!!

Long story short version, my entire order finally came into my hands on 15 Dec 2006. Yep last Friday, seven months after it was ordered !!!!

I still felt a love for this design - after all it does combine my two favourite elements - cats and books :) and I love the elegant simplicity of it. I'm sure there's a technical art term for this style - but I can't recall it off the top of my head right now.

Anyway I collected the floss (DMC 498) and the white 32 ct Belfast linen both from Spotlight over the weekend. Due to ill health today I sat down tonight and just stitched for fur hours straight. Here's my first pic :)

Also noticed the border pattern on the front cover is *not* charted properly on the inside - the corner treatments are *not* included int he chart at all!!!! Should be pretty simple to chart myself - but it will add time.

My brand new stitching rotation experiment (I've never had a rotation before) is due to start on 1 January and this is not included int he first month's worth of stitching, so I want to get as much done as possible between now and then - I've got a few evenings to myself so I should go close to getting it done by the end of the year ....




15 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

That is so cute :) I love that design!!

Gina Martin said...

It is wonderful!

Paula Hubert said...

I love it, and I'm sure you'll do fine with the corner bits - but how frustrating that they're not there!

Melissa Hicks said...

Especially after Rhiannon - I 'm starting to wonder how common this is - that the chart does *not* match the cover pic ... {sigh} I can't seem to find any error or corrections section on their site, so I sent an email. I sent it in English though as that's the only language I know.

I hope they have someone who can and will respond.

Meanwhile - on their website http://www.anagram-dif.com/
Click on catalogue and then click on Enluminures et Moyen-Age

I am in absolute heaven !!!!!!

Paula Hubert said...

Ohhhh -pretty!!!

Claire EJ said...

I always made sure that the cover and chart matched, it's an essential, grrrr.

This one should be easy enough though...straight lines throughout.

Karen R said...

It's a very cute design! You'll work out the corners. I have their 4 Seasons Sampler in the stash - been putting threads together for a while, trying to get the combo that really knocks my socks off - each season in a different color, and then the tree in it's own color, a la Marc.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Anagram_Diffusion/sampler_4_saisons.htm

Melissa Hicks said...

I'd cheat and use Marc's combo - he has such a fantastic sense of colour :)

Strangely enough, the old maps and illuminations attract me much more than the seasons sampler :) I would kill for the Duc de Berry page {wistful sigh}

But that's what's so great - it caters for both our tastes :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Yep - I even found my graph paper while hunting for Dragski. I'll finish the stack of books, then the cat, then backstitch it all and then go onto the border, as long as I haven't run out of time by then :)

Claire EJ said...

Okay....why the graph paper? I would just chart it straight from the cover onto the chart itself.......

Claire EJ said...

Same with me, I love the look of some of those.

If you're really good this year and I can find out who stocks it, I'll get you Duc de Berry for your birthday :)

Melissa Hicks said...

Silly Claire - you put this in writing !!!

Now, define "good"?

Paula Hubert said...

Just remember Mel... it's only trouble if you get caught! {VBG}

Claire EJ said...

Meh! Remind me I said this nearer the time...had already forgotten!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

Don't be silly I was teasing you! But I *will* keep an eye out for it in the May Online Needlework Show !!!!

Post a Comment