Thursday 21 December 2006

Just a quick note



to say Merry Christmas to you all.

Its 6:45am and mum arrives in under three hours. She'll be here until next Wed or Thurs and then Dad will turn up after mum leaves, probably later the same day {sigh} and then he's here until probably Monday 8th Jan when I go back to work.

So with both parents around for the next few weeks I doubt I'll be online as regularly as I have been lately.

OK off to go and check the mail and fight the bank before mum gets here. I'm hoping the bank will allow me to redraw some excess monies I'd paid on my car loan. That stupid {insert about 2 minutes of the foulest language you know here} at work "forgot" to sign off on my last two weeks worth of overtime - so I literally don't have enough money to pay my bills on Monday - let alone buy food for the next week (including anything extra for Xmas Day).

I know I've run myself close to the bone financially this month, but I've never had my overtime held up before - never had to have this {insert tangential rant for another two minutes} insisting on seeing and signing my overtime forms before sending them to payroll before now either.




7 comments:

Melia Suez said...

Ouch. Good luck with this.

Claire EJ said...

Hmmm, hope ya have a good time with your Mum, honey, I'll miss you. Enjoy and we must work out a time to chat.

Diane Call said...

Damn, girl! lots of hugs

Paula Hubert said...

{{{Mel}}} Hoping it's all worked out and you can relax and enjoy your time with your Mum and Dad!

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks guys, I got a small amount via the bank and payroll have promised to get my overtime into the bank today (Friday) Those guys are really sweet - I think they also got a few calls from other people pointing out the personality situation between me ad a couple of the senior library staff :) Gosh and I'm the one that came up as Saddam Hussein in Somayya's quiz {LOL}

Christmas Day will be tight but doable - DK you nay not get a full lunch on Tuesday - probably just mainly nibblies, especially of you bring your ravening hoard of teenagers :)

Paula Hubert said...

Glad you got some resolution - and some support from the other folks! Kick back and enjoy with your mum!

Melissa Hicks said...

Having lots and lots of fun :) Hope you and everyone else is too !!!!!

Post a Comment