Saturday 16 December 2006

Its getting closer




And I'm running out of time ....

OK lets see have all the bookshelves together now (I hate buying flat pack furniture). BOught one more this morning and that's up now too. Still need to go and un box the fiction - will get to that after I rest and blog for a bit.

Shopping:

all present shopping now done except for mum's. Will order her animal over the phone on Monday morning - she was too late in getting her list to me yesterday and they only work Mon-Fri in the adoptananimal section. Oh I don't have Jenna's either. Figured mum can help me out with that next week.

To get to this stage I did a marathon shop Thursday night. Met some friends from work for coffee after 4pm and chatted and ate and drank coffee for a couple of hours before we went our separate ways and shopping. during the evening I had my wallet pinched. I deliberately did not take a bag with me, but instead had my wallet in one trouser pocket and my mobile and car keys in the other. I still got pick-pocketed in the crowd between one shop and the next. Didn't feel a thing! Did *not* feel it happen.

I felt sooo sick. While I was backtracking through the shops I had browsed in - someone had handed it in at Muffin-break (I had bought two gluten free muffins). I got my wallet back! Intact - except for a $20 that was pinched. I had $35 in notes and when I got it back there was only $15 in it. I suppose they thought it was a finders fee ??? No idea.

I'm keeping a very close eye on all of my bank accounts in case they took the numbers. I don't want to cancel and get new cards reissued as I have too many purchases outstanding still - I internet shopped quite a few presents this year :)

Cleaning:

Ooh lots still to do. I've put together all bookcases, purchased another one this morning and put it together too. all the DVDs are now up in a case. I've un-boxed what non-fiction will fit in the three cases I have up. I'm about to un-box what fiction will fit in their three cases I have up now. I'll still be able to store the excess boxes full until after Xmas and buy a few more bookcases in January sometime.

Hector has a home and he's looking quite good - not out of place or in the way. All other standard domestic cleaning is being kept up with - kitchen, bathroom, washing etc. I hope to have the spare bedroom/fiction library usable by tonight and I'll get stuck into my craft room tomorrow.

Still no sign of Dragski.

Hugs all - I'd better get back to it :)







10 comments:

Diane Call said...

Well done. What luck with the wallet! $20 is a small price to pay for not having to cancel all the cards etc. {{{Mel}}}

Melissa Hicks said...

That's why I didn't whinge about it :) I just shrugged and said - hey I got it back with all cards intact !!!

Got a few fiction boxes unpacked and ran out of shelves .... well some boxes (over half) will need to remain hidden until January and then I'll go and buy some more - or perhaps {cringe} cull some more ...

Given up for the evening - listening to the cricket and decided to add the last month's worth of stash onto the spreadsheets so I can get it off my desk and into the stash where it belongs ... still no sign of Dragski, but I did find two other kitted up projects that I hadn't realised were missing yet !

God I'm tired!

Natalie Mikesell said...

Sounds busy, but productive :)

Jacquelyn Distenfeld said...

Glad you were able to retrieve the wallet.

Kimberly Fawn said...

Oh dear! That is so scary! I hope everything turns out well. *huggles*

Melissa Hicks said...

Thanks all :) Some breakfast and some motivation (now why doesn't that come in a handy container) and then off to clean out the craft room :) As best I can considering the excess books will be going in there ....

Paula Hubert said...

Glad you got your wallet back - must be something in the universe this weekend - cashed a check at the bank, didn't get my license back and they don't have it... ggrrr.

You're ahead of me on the cleaning - that's for Saturday while J is at work, but I've been pretty good about keeping up, so hopefully a quick run-through will leave me with stitching time until J's family arrives late Sunday!

Melissa Hicks said...

I've actually got a *major* mess to sort through in my craft room - its become my de facto junk room and I need to sort it out before mum turns up the day after tomorrow. Did not have a good night's sleep last night- so I've called in sick to work and when I get a few more hours sleep - I will get up and get to work on it. Hopefully if I can sort out most of that room today - or at least make the piles neater, then I can do the usual run through with vacuum cleaner, windex etc tomorrow morning leaving tomorrow afternoon for a food shop and possibly some stitching !

I have actually remembered to wrap up Iuaa and put him under Hector. I woke in a panic about it at 3am and got up and wrapped him then and there ...

Paula Hubert said...

LOL I know that panicked feeling - and J thinks I'm nuts when I get up and take care of something like you did. But I know that's the only way I'd get back to sleep in a case like that!

Melissa Hicks said...

Precisely :) At least these days I'm only disturbing Trub - and she just yowls at me to leave the bedroom light off and walk to the other side of the house in the dark please .......

Post a Comment