Tuesday 26 December 2006

The Day of endless Backstitching





Well mum and I had a great Christmas Day - had a leisurely breakfast followed by playing with all of our new toys Santa gave us - I got a Digital Camera YAYYYY!!!! Followed by a hot baked dinner for lunch ( it was cool enough to actually want a hot meal for the first Christmas Day in my living memory!) followed by putting all the washing up through the dishwasher (gotta love having enough dishes that you can use the dishwasher) followed by an afternoon of watching DVDs and stitching :) A cold dinner of cold meats and salads, quickly cleaned away and more stitching and conversation until bed. I think I can honestly say that this Christmas with just mum and myself around has been the most enjoyable Christmas ever! My family does not get along and reducing the stress by not having others here really made soooo much difference - and it sounds like everyone else in the family had good days where they were too! So all in all a great time.

Even if I did spend the entire stitching time doing nothing but backstitching the books on Livres Chat Rouge - and can you tell the difference ????? noooooo ! Oh well its done now - time to start the kitty after breakfast!

Its now Boxing Day morning - I thought I would blog before giving the house a quick tidy and then stitching while waiting for friends to arrive - expect seven people around to join mum and I for lunch :)

Hope everyone else had a stress free enjoyable day yesterday too !!!!




5 comments:

Natalie Mikesell said...

Having a day to stitch with someone else sounds like the perfect christmas to me :)

Paula Hubert said...

Ahhh - it sounds like a perfect holiday, Mel! It's what I'm planning for New Year's Day. J picked up an overtime shift, so it will be just me and Dragski - HEAVEN! Happy Boxing Day!

Melissa Hicks said...

YAYYY! Sounds fantastic to me - wonder if I can con Dad into going elsewhere for the day {LOL}

Denise Hicks said...

Yes it was an endless day of stitching as we had to redo several areas twice. Can't seem to count little squares with tired eyes.

Claire EJ said...

Best to stop stitching at that point.....rest for a while, than go back to it.

Post a Comment