Tuesday 11 November 2008

I shoulda stood in bed

And I didn't even mix carrot juice and radish juice ....*

Ever have one of those days?
  • Went down to the basement to see progress on stocktake and got grease and oil all over my favourite white work shirt
  • My dearly beloved monthly reminder of my status as viable female turned up in a flood in  the middle of a three hour webinar.**
  • After cleaning up as best I could I went out to get supplies and lost a $20 note out of my pocket.  The last of my food money for the week .....
  • Raided the rent money, bought supplies and bought lunch and I'm now back at my desk staring at my lunch thinking "I don't want to eat that".

There are some months that I really should be locked up for three days. 

If I really was an Evil Overlord all women would get three paid leave days per month.  Trust me its better on those around us that way.


I want to scream and yell and pound the walls in frustration, but being a professional at work, no-one knows there's anything different to normal.

Oh well - off to the next meeting in a couple of minutes.




* obligatory Bugs Bunny quote
** why menstruate when you can't provide viable eggs?  Stupid body!

17 comments:

Mariann Mäder said...

Yep, especially the menstruation part of it...

And what I hate most is eating out and spoiling my shirts with spots, usually dropped there with the last bite from the plate!!!

Melissa Hicks said...

I got through the day with very little carnage - not even any public snarling - I'm quite impressed with myself. A great walk home, a roast beef dinner in the oven, a beer in my hand, chocolate in the fridge and a toss up between stitching or reading.

Ah life is sooo much better :)

God I detest being hormonal!

Jim Westlake said...

Leaving now without any comment.

Melissa Hicks said...

Not before you tell me why my roast veggies didn't crisp up in the oven :(

Oh well off to watch Colour of Magic :) It arrived in the post today!

Paula Hubert said...

Ohhh Colour of Magic? What a great way to end the day!

Rosanne Derrett said...

Hormonal stuff - not a drop since June. Not one single dot of blood. Another couple of months and then off to the docs for the blood test to confirm the arrival of menopause. As for flooding - speak to your GP as there are very effective medications to help prevent it - I know because I was on them pre-embolisation

Jim Westlake said...

If you expect me to put my head into those lions jaws, think again!

kay jones said...

There is scientific evidence somewhere that eating chocolate pre/during and post menstrual is good for you and oh boy, did I use to believe in scientific evidence.

Do I miss those days NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hope you feel better today

Melissa Hicks said...

I have enough anecdotal evidence {I eat it -= I feel better} that I always stock up at this time of the month :)

Felling loads better today. Back in control of myself again :) Some months are worse than others you know ???

Melissa Hicks said...

Wooo Hoooo !!!!! Well done you! Congratulations!

Melissa Hicks said...

Like the hormones - some months its little some months its bad. It all works out in the end ....

Melissa Hicks said...

Yup - was up waaaaay too late last night watching part one!

It was so much fun watching Terry himself int he opening scenes .....

Karen R said...

Exactly. But I did find decreasing my beef intake (therefore, all the hormones and crap they fill beef cattle with here) has made mine dramatically better in the past year; they got dramatically worse after I had kid #2, as did my skin. Funnily enough, the change in eating hasn't helped my skin :(

Melissa Hicks said...

Our meat industry has so much less crap than yours - but I have stopped buying organic meat lately due to the convenience and cost factors. I think I'm finding myself a reputable organic butcher this weekend :(

Melissa Hicks said...

Drink lots of water and use a good handmade soap ???

Karen R said...

Yep, lotsa water already, but soap, and moisturizer for that matter - not so easy. Dermatologists like to treat my acne with antibiotics, nothing topical. I refuse to take antibiotics off and on forever. I used ProActive Solution for several years, until I developed a sensitivity to one of the components; now I'm back to antibacterial soap and living with breakouts.

Melissa Hicks said...

Did you get any breakouts using my stuff or haven;t you used it?

Post a Comment