Wednesday 12 November 2008

Twitter

I've been twittering for a while thanks to Claire and I mostly use it as another chat site between a couple of us or send out small group messages.

Yesterday however I noticed that
Stephen Fry was on Twitter and allows anyone to "follow" him.  So I did.

Like anything technological, Mr Fry has taken to it like well ... me to chocolate. He is currently in Madagascar shooting an episode for a TV series that's a follow up to the book "Last Chance to See".  He is in the wilds of Madagascar with virtually no phone or internet reception, but he still manages to take pics on his phone and every now and them upload them via Twitter.

Last night he posted some gorgeous pics of Civet Cats and Baobab trees.  Along with some trademark wry comments :)

If you are on Twitter, I suggest you look up
stephenfry and follow him.

6 comments:

Rachel Cox said...

Twitter??? a few people talk it here but never stepped in. I think with facebook an d here I have enough to do! THough I do admire stephen fry!

Jim Westlake said...

Twitter? Thought it was some sort of unmentionable!

Melissa Hicks said...

Well actually I thought it was the inane chatter that teenage girls did :) And that's pretty uch how we've been using it - but Mr Fry - as always - has taken things to another level :)

Melissa Parker said...

I love Twittering, not sure why, but I think I Twitter more than blog these days. Guess because it's fast and you're limited to 140 characters or spaces.

Claire EJ said...

I Tweet all the time.
It's the cheapest way I could find to use "text" on my phone to contact my overseas friends.

Melissa Hicks said...

And that's how I got into it :)

Post a Comment